Bat Sheva Marcus, LMSW, MPH, PhD, clinical director of The Medical Center for Female Sexuality, recently put together a list of 10 things every woman should know. We thought this was important enough to share with our readers.
- You are entitled to a great sex life no matter what your age.
- You are entitled to a great sex life no matter what your size, shape, or physical condition.
- There is no one right way to have a sex life. Your sex life just needs to work for you (and your partner, if you have one).
- You dont need to have a partner to have a great sex life.
- Knowing your body and its reactions is the first step to a better sex life.
- Your partner is probably not a mind reader.
- Intercourse does not equal great sex.
- If you are having problems, they very well may not be all in your head.
- Vibrators are not “kinky sex toys,” they are your friend.
- Sex should be fun.
While some of these entries may sound like common sense, you would be surprised at how many women don’t keep them in mind.