There are enormous benefits to touch and massage, such as:
- Release endorphins—which helps us feel well and balanced.
- Reduce stress.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy. Reduced fatigue.
- Decreases depression and anxiety.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow and blood flow
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- And one of the most important benefits…the release of the hormone Oxytocin, which is facilitated through touch, also nicknamed the love hormone because of its bonding qualities.
But often we think of massage as a luxurious treatment one must pay good money for. But massages can happen in the home too, for a lot less, if you have a willing partner! First, invest in some massage oil. Kama Sutra offers many different scents as well as a wide array of textures, and even some that are edible. Take the bottle and either heat it up in the microwave or like a baby’s bottle in hot water. Take turns massaging each other. Allot time at the end of the day, or when your partner comes home from work to do so.
Try this experiment everyday or every other day for 2 weeks and see if you noticed any changes in your partner or yourself. Do you notice that you seem like you are overall in a better mood? Do you feel less stressed? Do you notice you start to crave that touch and connection with your partner? It is such a simple thing, touch, but can have such profound effects on our relationships and overall well being.