Questions for May and June 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for May and June 2014 Patients

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    heather123
    Participant

Hey Katie-
    Where are you flying from?

I’m sooo nervous for this whooole thing….the long FLIGHT…the PROCEDURE…the FLIGHT back…haha…oh gosh I hope I don’t get sick before teh procedure ;P

Becca
    Participant

Heather123, Just wanted to say that when we went back for ours we flew out of Seattle and it was indeed a long flight! It’s hard not to stress and worry, but I’m sure everything will be okay!

Also, you mentioned being terrified of taking things out. Just a tip for you!! The day of your procedure, make sure you are using REAL LUBE once you’re back at your hotel. The stuff I was sent home from Dr. Pacik’s office with was actually like a lidocaine/lube mix and I didn’t realize that. I had a really difficult time taking my dilator out later that night because I was so dried up. So as long as you make sure you’re using some kind of real lube – Slippery Stuff is a great one, or Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, something like that you should be fine and it will come out fairly easily. 🙂 🙂 And, definitely feel comfortable bringing up all of your concerns to Dr. Pacik and his staff the day of, they are great and will answer all your questions. 🙂 You’re going to be in wonderful hands! 🙂

heather123
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Becca 🙂

Did you say you flew “back” to NH? Or did you mean when you flew back home to Seattle?
    I wasn’t sure if you had to go back for another procedure.

I figured after the procedure when the injections force the muscles to stand back/relax, the grip on the dilator inside won’t hurt as bad at all.
    At lesst I would think that how it goes……

Yeah, my husband and I have been using Slipper Stuff gel for a while now so I’m glad someone else recommends it for this situation.

Did you have to have the dilator in on the plane??? haha…just figured that any girl flying more than an hour back home should be comfortable at least 🙂

~Heather

KatieG07
    Participant

Heather 123
    I’m local. Driving across town! Crazy that I found the office and it’s local! I have it easy

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies! Just wanted to let all the gals who have their procedures coming up in the next few weeks know that everything will go well for you. We are all here to support you on the Forum as well as while you are up in NH. You will see first hand that Dr. Pacik, Janet Pacik, Ellen, Cynthia and all of the staff are absolutely amazing and like no other group out there. Please ask any questions at all that you can think of prior. I love this thread too as it allows patients who will be treated on the same day to chat in advance and get to know each other. While in NH, the girl that I met who was also having her procedure on the same day, was so amazing and we both helped each other while there and have also kept in touch post-procedure. Our husbands also met and talked as well. Ok ladies, sending you all huge, huge hugs!!!

heather123
    Participant

Thanks Heather34 🙂

My nerves definitely creep up on me the closer June 9th gets here…
    It’ll be the scariest event of my life that is suppose to help the most important thing in our marriage.
    Feels like all the bricks are in my “backpack” and I’m carrying them all across the country.
    These are the concerns/fears I have at the moment

1) Is it hard to go the restroom after you wake up from the procedure?
    I’ve had hymenectomy before in 2012, so when I went to the restroom it felt as if you were on your period kind of pain but nothing major…

2) Can I ask Dr. Pacik no to put in the largest dilator for me to wake up with inside? My fear is getting it out because the injections won’t be kicked in or something.
    We already plan on bringing Slippery Stuff gel but I’ll be asleep during the procedure and after, but won’t I be “dry” when I wake up?

3) Do we have to have the dialators inside while on the plane back home? Or only when we’re comfortable at home?

…….that’s all I can think of right now…. ;P

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Hi Heather123

I will let the other dilating divas answer your questions. Regarding dilation under anesthesia, you will wake up with the dilator that can be comfortably inserted while you are asleep. I do not “force” the muscles, there would be no point to this and it would be too early in the treatment process. Most of my patients, even those with severe vaginismus, are able to tolerate the #6 dilator under anesthesia. If that does not go in easily almost everyone can tolerate the #5, again under anesthesia. The muscles are completely relaxed under anesthesia and I can do much more than for patients awake. When you wake up with a large dilator in place this will help “flip a switch” for you. Not to worry. I would love the other divas to comment.

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Hello fellow May/June patients! I introduced myself earlier today on the Vaginismus General part of the forum, and in a comment to my introduction, Heather34 let me know about this thread so I wanted to introduce myself here as well. Here is the link to my introduction, I apologize that it’s a little long! http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=854

I am having my procedure on 6/16 . . . any other women having the procedure done on that date?
    (EDIT: I originally posted 6/19 accidentally, but I meant 6/16!)

It is so fun to learn about all the women who are preparing for the procedure and also the women who are enjoying all the success of the procedure! I am so happy for you and hope to be among you soon! There are so many of us out there . . . I just had no idea! Although I do not wish this sort of thing on my worst enemy, it is nice to know I am not alone and we are all here for each other!

I too am local and would be happy to suggest places to visit in the area if anyone has any questions!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi hereisnowhy. I am so excited for you as well as all of the other May and June patients who will have their upcoming procedures soon. I just know they will go so well for you all!!!

Hi heather123, please, please know it is entirely normal to feel a ton of different emotions pre-procedure. I felt extremely nervous one day and very excited the next and it switched on and off. I leaned on my husband a lot during this time as he was incredibly calm (one of us had to be … lol) and it helped that we were going through this together. If you need to, have him help to carry the backpack with you on the way here and KNOW that it will be so, so much lighter on your return trip together. To address some of your questions:

Is it hard to go to the restroom after you wake up from the procedure and won’t you be dry post-procedure?
    I did not experience any pain or discomfort with this and was not dry post-procedure. When I woke up from my procedure with the dilator in place, I immediately felt like I had to go to the bathroom. I went into the bathroom and removed the dilator, went, and then, in a standing position, inserted the dilator back in. This was so huge for me as I had never been able to insert a thing in the past and I was in awe seeing this and the fact that it now worked and I was not broken as I had always felt. I think it also came out so easily and went right back in after I went to the bathroom as I was still under anesthesia and the dilator was liberally coated with lidocaine/surgilube combo.

Do you have to have the dilators in while flying?
    This is a good question and you definitely do not have to dilate while flying. Dr. Pacik and Ellen will come up with a personalized dilating schedule with you and your husband and dilating while flying back home definitely does not have to happen. I also wanted to share some a helpful Blog that Dr. Pacik wrote about Traveling with Dilators and Airport Security:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/dilators-and-airport-security-for-our-vaginismus-patients/#sthash.4um2L5hM.dpuf

Ok, sending you all huge hugs!!!

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Hi hereisnowhy. We have just recently added June 16th as a surgery date, and there are 2 other women scheduled for that date. I will contact them to let them know that we have this thread on our VaginismusMD Forum. We are certainly looking forward to meeting all of our June patients — a total of 12 women!

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Wow, 12 women who will be treated in just 1 month. That’s WONDERFUL!

cherryblossom123
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I am 21 years old, and travelling from Ireland to get the procedure done on 2 June 2014. I am SO excited!!! I have never been to America, and I’m praying that this will be the life-changing event I want it to be!!!

Alice and Hanna, so good to see I won’t be the only woman treated that day!

Please get in touch!
    Grace x

Heather34
    Participant

Hi cherryblossom. So, so excited for you to be making the trip over from Ireland! This definitely will be life-changing and will go so, so well for you!!! Sending hugs and support. :):):)

KatieG07
    Participant

Anyone going 6/9??

Janet Pacik
    Participant

There is one other person coming for treatment on June 9th besides “heather123” who has posted on this forum; but I believe she has decided to stay private at this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.