Questions for May and June 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Womenโ€™s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for May and June 2014 Patients

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    hereisnowhy
    Participant

Congratulations, Hanna!!! I am so glad to hear that you are doing well post-procedure and that you are feeling “normal” already! I have my procedure on June 16th so it is nice to read a testimony from someone who JUST went through it. I am so happy for you! Best of luck! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

cherryblossom123
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I had my procrdure done two days ago, and I feel on top of the world! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dr.Pacik and the staff are amazing and so supportive, it was the best care I ahve ever recieved in my life. My mum was with me for the whole thing which was great! I can’t believe I am now inserting dilators and my body is actually working WITH me, not against me as I previously felt. It was a nerve-wracking and emotional experience, but 1000000% worth it.

There is truly NOTHING to worry about for those of you with upcoming procedures. I can’t stress enough that everything is done at a comfortable pace and you will feel fantastic and so proud of yourselves.

Please get in touch, I would be happy to chat to anyone who wants to.

Best of luck, not that you will need it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kisses, Grace x

heather123
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your procedure experience girls!!! ….we leave from Oregon this Saturday….each day closer gets me more irritated at work (probably cuz I work with all MEN in a warehouse).

I’m sooooooo scared…..my vaginal muscles are suuuuuuuper strong and I hope the dilator comes out just as easily for me too so I can feel on top of the world too! ; )

Keep us posted on how you feel when you get home and settle back into home life.

~Heather123~~~

Alice14
    Participant

Hello Ladies!
    I had my procedure two days ago on Monday 6/2 with cherryblossom123 and Hanna. I was terrified going into it, especially about dilating post procedure. The procedure itself was a breeze. I don’t remember a thing, and I woke up with the largest blue dilator in me!!! I remember waking up and seeing my husband, asking if it worked, and when he said yes, I started crying and couldn’t stop! I was so happy and was in no pain at all. The only time I really experienced discomfort was when I tried to use the restroom and couldn’t but then I took out the large dilator and could urinate just fine. I then put the #4 dilator in with Dr Paciks help to go home and sleep in. Because I really struggle with anxiety and dilation, I had a bit of trouble the next day during dilation. Dr Pacik was so patient and helpful and showed me some tricks using kegel exercises to get past my tight muscle spasm from anxiety. I also had to have my hymen cut due too it being very tight so I had a lot of bleeding and discomfort that first day. Even with my extreme anxiety related to dilation and my difficulty dilating at first, I am happy to say I am now dilating successfully on my own! I had to learn to be patient with myself and to listen to my body and not get discouraged when I couldn’t get the larger dilators in as soon as I would have liked. My husband and I are so happy and we know it only gets better from here!! Dr Paciks treatment has changed our lives and has given us so much hope for the future. I look forward to the day when we can achieve pain free intercourse at last! I know that day will be soon!

KatieG07
    Participant

Hello ladies!!!

I am more and more excited for my procedure on Monday Heather123 and I go on the same day. I’m local so I think that helps my nerves. I’m looking forward to the outcome and I really don’t think it will be bad. I can have exams using pediatric tools and can insert small slim tampons after going through 1/2 a box. If this us something to help fix my “hitting a wall” problem then I’m excited ๐Ÿ™‚ I look forward to sharing my after story with you all!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. To the ladies who posted who had their procedures on 6/2, huge Congrats and I am so, so glad everything went well for you. To the ladies who will be treated coming up tomorrow, please, please know we are all here to support you and know that everything will go so well!!! I also want to share wonderful words from Dr. Pacik:

“There are a thousand worries that the average patient has as the day of treatment approaches. “What ifs” tend to be all consuming. There comes a point that it helps to simply allow the flow to take you along its course. I often tell (my worried surgical patients) that they should think of their surgery or treatment as a ride in the car. They put their seat belts on (these are the many safety monitors we have throughout the operating and recovery room) and I’ll take them for a safe ride. I know the route and I am a safe driver. For my vaginismus patients where the treatment has a high level of safety, but anxiety rears its ugly head, the same can be true to help stem the normal anxiety that takes place. There is not much more anyone can say. The day comes and goes, much like any other day. Now you are on one side, then you have stepped across and you are on the other side.”

Sending you all hugs!!!

KatieG07
    Participant

Love this thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Hanna
    Participant

Just want to wish KatieG07 and heather123, and the third lady (if there are 3), all the best for tomorrow. Be prepared to be amazed! You are in great hands – Dr Pacik and his staff are incredible! The first day is just full of emotion and euphoria, and what really impressed me the second day is that Dr Pacik gave all 3 of us ladies different dilation schedules to follow for that day. He knew how each of us were coping, what we were capable of and tailored a process for us individually that we could each accomplish. He really is amazing. I know it is going to go great for you all, and look forward to reading an update!

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Good luck to Katie and Heather tomorrow!!! Can’t wait to hear about it! HUGS!!!

23years
    Participant

Good luck today ladies!! Thinking of each of you!!

KatieG07
    Participant

I’m home feeling great! I wasn’t even nervous I was cool as a cucumber! I’ll fill everyone in later…off to rest!

Heather34
    Participant

Huge congrats to you Katie as well as the other 2 gals. Sending up hugs!

heather123
    Participant

Was a very tough day for me. BUT, that is just me. Every girl’s body is different and responds according to her personal experience with this.
    I woke up with the largest dilator inside. Once the nurse told me I could go to the restroom I began to panic because I didn’t want to take it out and put it back in.
    I know myself very well….it wasn’t likely to happen. But we downsized to a #3. Went back to our hotel and put on my old gymnastics leotard to keep it in.

Whenever I had to pee, I went in the shower. I did NOT want to risk the dilator popping out into the toilet bowl. haha.
    Being in the shower was so much easier to keep an easy hold on the end of the dilator. Plus you feel so much cleaner and refreshed.
    Helps practice using one hand.

Took a loooong nap at the hotel afterwards. Slept on my side.
    Once you find that one comfortable position, stay there, and dream away.
    Then wake up and watch some cartoons and tv shows to keep your heart and mind positive and ready for day #2.
    Will keep you posted.
    If anyone has any questions and would like to email me. Let Janet Pacik know so she can provide you with my email.
    I love pen pals. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks for the support and email hugs.
    ~Heather~

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Heather! Day 2 is today and I know it is going to go well for you and the other gals too. Sending you all up support and huge hugs!!! :):):)

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Heather and Katie, so happy your procedures were successful, even if Heather, you had a bit of trouble. Getting a #3 dilator in you is amazing, and you will only work up from there!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sure it is all wicked nervewracking, but I bet you both are doing the best you can and just remember THAT IS ENOUGH and you will continue to get better and better! I hope the 3rd patient is also progressing ๐Ÿ™‚
    Anyone have a June 16th appt? That is when I am going in, just thought if I could connect with those women beforehand that would be helpful for all of us! But maybe that have chosen to stay private, which is totally fine as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.