Questions for May and June 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Womenโ€™s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for May and June 2014 Patients

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    KatieG07
    Participant

Day 2 is done. Day one for me was great. I was able to do the Q-tip test with out any pain. I guess I wasn’t able in procedure to have the largest dialator in me but that I am working on. Just from day one I went from 3-4 and home with 4 in. I was able to take the 4 out to use the bathroom and get it in with no issues. Now on day 2 I was able to get 5 in with. Little pain but not bad. But never put the 5 back in all day. My goal the next week or so is to be up to a 5 and I know with time that will happen. My husband says he is 6 so we get to work on going 5 to 6 when my body is ready. We had a great experience with all the staff at the office on both day 1 and 2. And it was wonderful to become friends with the other couples and learn their stores. Annnnnnd Dr. Pacik what a great counseling session on day 2. I loved sitting outside we had a great group Heather123 you will do great I have faith in you keep in touch & our other couple. I hope they can get on the site to chat. . If anyone has questions email Janet and I give permission to send out my email ๐Ÿ™‚

KatieG07
    Participant

One more thing… It helped alleviate stress knowing I was a local Paitent who lives only 5/10 mins away!!!!

heather123
    Participant

We just got back home in Oregon. Got to tell you, I feel like I woke up from a long dream.
    I can’t believe where we just were, what we just went through, and the continued path ahead that leaves evidence that this is the new reality.

On Day#2 for me, at Dr. Pacik’s office, it was just as much a challenge at the first day.
    The other two ladies were able to put in their assigned sized dilators faster than me. And there I was in tears and putting pressure on myself to go faster and be better, but how could I? I had to remember where I was and why I was there for. Dr. Pacik gently reminded us all that this was NOT a race.
    All three of us girls in that room came from different stories that led up to being in that room. It would not matter who can put in the largest or who can dilate the fastest, it mattered that we mentally chose to try and put a dilator in at all….to TRY. That’s what made me feel like a champ.
    Two years ago, a #2 would take 3 hours to put in.
    On day #2 at Dr. Pacik’s office, it took me 10 minutes. Wow….just WOW!
    Size and speed don’t matter. You are a champion through the blood and tears of each attempt to succeed and bring yourself one step closer to the bliss of painless sex.

I’m sitting on my bed at home now with my cat sleeping soundly next to me…I’ve got to admit…I. Feel. Different.
    As sore and dizzy as I am from the long flight, I feel like a changed Heather.
    Thank you Lord for the skilled gifts you have given Dr. Pacik and his staff.
    Thank you again, Dr. Pacik.
    I wish I lived in NH just so I could stop by more often then not and have a nice conversation over lunch at the picnic table.
    Thank you for the memories and advice that will mold my spirit with time.
    Thank you to nurse Lee, who has a gift with her beautiful eyes, when I fell into despair with fear and sorrow, she brought me back with her kindness and sincerity.
    Thank you Cynthia for your warm smile and humor that helps us relax before starting our day.
    Thank you, just to all Dr. Pacik’s entire staff.
    I sincerely hope the vaginismus treatment will one day be heard as the loud voice to the world for women everywhere who deserve a second chance like everybody else.
    Thank you for giving that chance to me.
    ~Heather~

KatieG07
    Participant

Heather it’s not a race! I agree. You are doing so well my dear! Keep it up. I have faith in you. It was great to meet you. Day one that afternoon after procedure I heard you crying and my heart just broke for you. I started tearing up! But when you came to the session outside with that 2 in you I’ll admit I shed another few tears bc I was so happy of that progress you made. Keep in touch and keep plugging away before you know it you will be having amazing sex ๐Ÿ™‚

heather123
    Participant

Thanks, Katie! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m glad we get to keep in touch and keep eachother posted with status’s of our journeys. I got the #2 dilator in at 10 minutes again today.
    Was still suuuper sore from NH, but still happy with how things are starting out. ๐Ÿ™‚
    *hugs***
    ~Heather~

Heather34
    Participant

Good luck to hereisnowhy and the other 2 ladies who will also be treated tomorrow. Sending you huge hugs!!!!

KatieG07
    Participant

We are rooting for you girls! 1 wk ago today I had my procedure and I am still adjusting to a schedule of dilating but I’m on the right track to succeed! Have my easy days and hard days where I experience more pain then I like but if I just keep up with it everything should be good in the end! Good luck girls you will do awesome today and tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Thank you Heather34 and KatieG07!!!

Day 1 of the procedure is done for me and I feel great! I arrived to the office with my boyfriend at 11:30am and had the procedure around 12:30pm. That hour was a whirlwind of meeting the staff and answering lots of medical questions, so it flew by and before I knew it I was in my gown with an IV in telling Dr. Pacik I would see him in the OR. I loved seeing my boyfriend in scrubs and a medical bonnet, he looked adorable and ready for the challenge. and boy, was he ready! I knew he would be supportive, but he really amazed me with how he rose to the occasion! I was a bit nervous that he would be weirded out by some of the procedure, but he was with me every step of the way, making sure I was comfortable, not hesitating to ask questions, and smiling at me. His behavior, mixed with the kind, warm and understanding nature of all of the staff, kept me really calm. Dr. Pacik was so caring and supportive, the anesthesiologist was funny and upbeat, and the nurses were patient and answered all my questions.

When I arrived in the OR and was getting prepped, my boyfriend help my hand the whole time, and when he couldn’t because he was down with Dr. Pacik doing the initial exam, he had his hand on my leg and a nurse came to hold my hand! Everyone was professional yet kind and gentle and even cracked a few jokes with me. I remained calm during the whole thing, partly before of the atmosphere and behavior of the staff and my boyfriend, and partly because of my own history with vaginismus. I have undergone a lot of different treatment (none with Botox) for this type of situation was not a first for me, and I have secondary vaginismus and can still handle GYN exams (although they are painful) and achieve intercourse if we push hard enough (although that is EXTREMELY painful). Having had painfree sex before, and a number of different medical objects inserted over the years, I probably was able to stay a lot more calm than someone who has never been able to have any type of penetration, so for that, I am lucky. However, for those of you who have never had any penetration, you still are going to do WONDERFUL. TRUST in the staff and in YOURSELF and just go with it. The staff certainly knows what they are doing and your body knows what it is SUPPOSED to be able to do, even if it has failed you all these years! It is now YOUR turn to show your body who is boss!!!

I woke up with the biggest blue #6 dilator in me and was pretty shocked that it was in there without any pain. I was a bit groggy when I woke up and according to my boyfriend I asked him the same questions several times, ha! I was also a chatterbox and so excited to have had the procedure that I asked the nurse at least 3 times to tell the 2nd woman (whom I had not met) that she was going to do just fine. I did get to tell the 3rd woman that, as our partition curtains were parted just long enough for a quick introduction and words of encouragement! I stuck to the schedule that was set for me on dilating in the office today, with the help of my boyfriend and the nurses. There were time frames for each different dilation, and I was out of there by 3:30pm. I turned the #6 dilator inside me, pulled it out a bit and back in, removed it completely and put it back in, moved down to #5 then down to #4 to leave. I did use the bathroom 3 times after the procedure because I felt that really bad urge to urinate, but that is gone now, for the moment!

I am now home and it is about 9pm. I have had the #4 dilator in with no pain the whole time. It felts weird and a bit uncomfortable but does not hurt [yet]. I am feeling a tiny bit crampy and a bit nauseous but that’s it! I think a good night’s sleep will help. I removed the dilator to use the bathroom at home, and I suggest that if you feel comfortable to remove the dilator to use the restroom, DO SO, because peeing on your hand is no fun. The nurses told me I could remove it to use the restroom. I cleaned it and lubed it up with a 50/50 mix of the 2% Lidocaine and Surgilube that they give you at the office, and I inserted it standing up easily, no problem or pain. I then put a bikini bottom on to take a shower which helped hold the dilator in wonderfully! I am now reclining on the couch with no pain in my vagina, just like I said a tiny bit of cramps.

I watched the DVD that Dr. Pacik gave me and learned SO much! I am so looking forward to Day 2 (where a lot of what I learned in the DVD will be discussed in depth) and will write more here once I am home from it! THANK YOU, VaginismusMD Staff!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

KatieG07
    Participant

So proud of you Hereisnowhy ๐Ÿ™‚

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Thank you, KatieG07! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am home from the 2nd and final day of the full procedure. Today we focused a lot on dilating and also a lot of what the DVD talked about. How to dilate, what lubes to use, how to transition into intercourse, toys, etc. Our group consisted of my boyfriend, myself and 2 other women with their husbands. Everyone was really nice and we got along really well. The men were all open to discussion and no one stayed awkwardly silent. That REALLY helped the group as a whole. I remember distinctly that each male partner congratulated us women as a group at least once, on separate occasions, for our dilation progress! That was really sweet.

Dr. Pacik was straight forward about so many things, and really helped to make the conversation NOT awkward. He was patient and answered all questions, and encouraged conversation. We practiced with the glass dilators today which we MUCH more comfortable, and my boyfriend and I purchased the set of 4, 5 and 6 before we left, for $160 it’s a lot of money but it is so worth it, trust me! Ellen was also great when talking to us about toys. She and Dr. Pacik remained professional but were able to add some humor, too, which was key!

I was able to dilate from a 4 to a 6 twice today, which is huge! I only got that far, in my opinion, because I am a secondary vaginismus patient and have had painfree intercourse for several years until 4.5 years ago when vaginismus began. If you read this and did not dilate to a 5 or 6 as quick, do NOT be discouraged, as Dr. Pacik was quite surprised I did so well, and constantly told us that if we can only work with 4 or even 3 right now, it is okay. Muscles take time and work to stretch!!

My boyfriend and I gave the other 2 couples our contact information and I truly hope that we hear from them soon, as I would love to keep in touch and know how they are doing. We went through this process together and I feel a strong connection with those 2 women – we shared something painful, personal and intimate, and thanks to Dr. Pacik and the support of our partners and the staff, we are on the road to recovery. I cannot wait to post more updates and hopefully success stories.

Thanks again, SO MUCH, Dr. Pacik and staff! I look forward to hearing more from your upcoming patients and would be glad to answer any questions and alleviate some fears for them!

Heather34
    Participant

This is absolutely wonderful hereisnowhy!!!! Sending you big hugs!!!!!

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Thank you, Heather 34 ๐Ÿ™‚ Feels good to be on the other side of this and able to start working towards my cure!

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.