Wobbly legs after dilating?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Wobbly legs after dilating?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Meghan
    Participant

I am 2 days post procedure and had a question…. I understand that the sore-ness is going to be there because of the length and rigorous dilating that I’ve been doing for the past 48 hours, (I went from a completely “closed” vagina, to a size #6) But I felt a weird and different sensation this evening as I was walking around with out any dilator in, my thighs and upper legs (and legs) felt like Jello, super wobbly, and limp…. almost numb? This could be something else, or have nothing to do with it, but I thought I would ask to see if any one else experienced anything like this? Thank you!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I don’t think you need to worry about this. You went through a lot going from not being able to dilate to achieving the largest dilator the day after treatment. It is as though you have run a marathon, and the body needs some rest. Please keep us informed. You did great and deserve some relaxation.

klove
    Participant

Yes, I have the same issue. It is probably because your body is still fighting and resisting. I know mine is!

23years
    Participant

Yes I second Dr P!! (I’m not a doctor but I still second it!) chuckle….

A marathon is right! Our muscles are doing things they never have before! RELAXING!

Now…. just to get the rest of the body to follow suit!….. (Wink)

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Meghan! You are doing phenomenal post-procedure.

I found Dr. Pacik’s saying that “you have to catch up emotionally to where you are and everything that you have just been through physically” to be so true for me post-procedure. For example, only a day or 2 after I came back from NH, I felt like my entire left arm was numb and I was convinced that the Botox was spreading throughout my entire body. I remember e-mailing Ellen in a panic and she assured me this was not the case. I had just been through so much emotionally in such a short amount of time, that my entire body literally felt so, so exhausted. The only thing I can kind of compare it to in my life is taking the bar exam in order to become a licensed attorney. You get so hyped up to take it and when it’s over, your body just crashes. THANK GOD I passed the first time as I would never want to go through that again.

Please know that I am here to support you and you are doing so, so well! Sending you hugs!!!

Becca
    Participant

Hi Meghan,

I experienced some of this too! I completely agree with Heather, your body is probably exhausted! I know my leg/pelvic muscles felt so fatigued during and after my time in NH because there was just SO much going on in an area that was not used to it! Hopefully it will pass soon! 🙂 And congrats on having your procedure done, so exciting!! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.