What size dilator do I have to use before transitioning to intercourse?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating What size dilator do I have to use before transitioning to intercourse?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hello
    Yes, that is correct you should be dilating one size large than you partner. If you have not found one on-line yet please contact us at MAZE, and we should be able to get you one.

Take care,
    Nicole

melodi
    Participant

Hello, I’m also glad came over to this topic. I want to know,the normally, how long the transition from dilator to intercourse?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Melodi! From what I’ve read from other people, the transition time between dilators and intercourse can vary a lot between people just because of differences in how people feel mentally about sex (and also depends A LOT on whether you’re just working with dilators or if you get the botox procedure).

I got the botox procedure through the Maze Clinic, and my personal experience was that I was able to have sex with my partner 20 days after the botox procedure. I was dilating every day and working on it a lot, so I got pretty fast results. Working just with dilators will be more gradual because you’ll need to start with smaller sizes, but if you stick with it and dilate every day (in either the dilation-only or botox treatment methods) you will be able to get there!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Christine. I hope you are doing great. I think dilating one size bigger than your boyfriend’s penis is a great idea. I did this with the largest blue dilator in the Pure Romance set and it made me physically feel adequately stretched and mentally made me feel ready and like it wouldn’t hurt with my hubby’s penis. In a prior post, Aimee has written: “try and dilate one size larger than your partner’s penis size. This will allow you to be confident that intercourse will not hurt and create a much better experience. I also like the idea of a dildo that look and feel like a penis. We recommend a dildo called Bendies. It is softer than a traditional dilator and it vibrates.” I also have used the Candy Stick vibrating dilator in the past which we also found helpful to use when transitioning. (See Candy Stick thread: http://mazewomenshealth.com/forums/topic/candy-stick/). Hope this helps and sending you my support.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Melodi. I think the time frame from using the dilators to transitioning to intercourse can vary so much from person to person. I had the Botox treatment program and then went home and used the dilators and what I learned during the treatment daily as well as sleeping with the Purple one in the Pure Romance set every other night. We then transitioned to intercourse 14 days from our procedure date. Following this, we had to really learn and discover how to move from the mechanical feeling to it feeling nice and pleasurable. There is an excellent thread that I wanted to share with you concerning Transitioning from Dilators to Intercourse:

http://mazewomenshealth.com/forums/topic/daily-question-1312-transition-from-dilators-to-intercourse/?redid=1

In it, Dr. Pacik has written:

“It may be helpful to watch the YouTube video “Transitioning to Intercourse” http://www.vaginismusmd.com/resources/video-files/ There are many tricks, but the main thing is to dilate for 1-2 hours before. Use the dilator as a “toy”, use a vibrator to help relax, set the stage with favorite music, get erotic (your choice), think of positions of comfort while dilating and use these positions for intercourse, and above ALL have your honey do the dishes that night!! Also have an escape plan. All of you know how to satisfy your honey, and simply accept the fact that it is common not to fully succeed the first time. It can be awkward, mechanical and just not work. Not a problem. Try another day. No one believes me that the erect penis is more comfortable than the large dilator, but everyone agrees that this is true. Just scary in the beginning. Hope this helps.”

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.