Talking to Friends about Painful Sex Following Menopause

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Menopausal Vaginismus Talking to Friends about Painful Sex Following Menopause

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I seriously love reading the patient success stories. In the story below, the patient who was successfully treated for painful sex after menopause discussed this with issue her friends who also had the same symptoms but who hadn’t treated for it yet.

http://mazewomenshealth.com/testimonials/painful-sex-patient-reviews/

At the end of the story, she writes: “When I had discussed my issue with many of my friends, they mentioned having similar issues but had taken no action- and they asked me to report back if I had found a solution. Well- I have a solution and it’s the Maze center. I will be sharing my findings with any woman that mentions this challenge. It is horrible that so many women are suffering needlessly with symptoms of menopause that can be so easily treated.”

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I think this is the thing that would most continue to shock us all who have vaginismus – that we aren’t alone even in our “real” lives. I suspect there are women in my life who suffer from sexual dysfunction, but it’s such a taboo subject with most people that there’s no way to know more about what our friends are suffering from and no way to share what we’ve learned and felt. I want to try harder to become comfortable talking about my experiences with vaginismus so that it’s not such a forbidden topic, and that information is easier to discover and use.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.