Questions for July and August 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for July and August 2014 Patients

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    hereisnowhy
    Participant

So excited to hear how the July and August patients procedures went/go!!! I am thinking of you all and sending lots of positive energy!!!

galaxygal
    Participant

Hi all,
    Just wanted to share about the procedure, just had it on Monday. For everyone getting ready for the procedure in July and August, you are going to do great! Day one can be a little chaotic getting ready for the procedure but if you are anxious, let them know and they will take care of you, you are their top priority while you are there and the anesthesiologist was great. It is soo normal to be anxious, it can be scary going through a medical procedure. I had to do some deep breathing before the procedure and it can be a little awkward to have everyone focused on your vagina in the procedure room, haha! Being sedated was great! My husband really appreciated watching the procedure and told me all about it after, it gave him a great understanding of what was going on. He even got to help a little during the procedure and he thought that was great because he felt like he was making a difference and helping me. Day one can be a bit of a whirlwind, day two was more calm and I appreciated being able to relax and chat with everyone. They will take care of you, just take one day at a time. I was sore for a couple days so I took Advil and that helped. I have also found how much fun (little sarcasm here) it is to dilate with a two year old around. Although it was funny to watch him grab the blue dilator and wave it around like a sword before I was able to put it away! One other thing, I got my period two days before the procedure, probably because of the stress. If this happens to you, it will be ok, it is just a little bit messier. You can ask for a chux, a blue towel-like sheet, that you can put down on the bed to help. I just tried to think of it as extra lubrication :).

KatieG07
    Participant

Hahaha! I had my procedure 6-9 and I too had my period But it was actually ending so was a lot lighter around my procedure. I then dilated for couple weeks and then had my period again. It definitely was messy I’ll say that but I kept up with it and the middle of my period I had heavy cramping and just was not feeling dilating so I took two days off. You are doing well keep it up!!! Just remember don’t dilate too much only do two hours a day. When I got home I had a few setbacks and wanted to get back to where I was so I was dilating too much and I stress my body out and it was sore. Then I drop down to two hours at night since mornings don’t work for my schedule, and I felt wonderful doing that I progressed right along and at my one-month anniversary I got the 6 in and was amazing!!! Now that I have successfully been able to have sex with my husband I don’t do much with the 6. Can only Deyle about 10 to 15 minutes with it and that 15 minutes is pushing. It’s just a bigger dilator and it sits funny on my vagina. But I have learned now that I’ve had often on sex for about a week now I learned that if I dilate with the six right up to about when we’re going to have intercourse things go so much more smoothly. Don’t worry you will progress to that six in no time! If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask. That’s what we are all here for.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote from klove on July 15, 2014, 21:23

Quote:
    Quote from ndd0817 on July 13, 2014, 21:09
    Hi everyone! 🙂 My husband and I will be coming from Akron, Ohio on July 21 so I can have the procedure done. I am 29 and will be married for one year this upcoming August. I have tried several different treatments (i.e. physical therapy, anti-anxiety medicine, counseling, etc.) to overcome vaginismus these past 3 years but nothing has worked. My husband and I haven’t been able to consummate our marriage so I am ready and hopeful for this procedure. I have generalized anxiety so I am little worried that this will be another failed attempt to overcome this, but for the most part, I am excited for both me and my husband that this may be the answer.

If anyone else is scheduled for the procedure on July 21…I look forward to meeting you there!

Hi! My procedure is also on July 21st! I look forward to meeting you and I will be there to support you as we do this together. 🙂
    My husband and I are coming from Syracuse, NY. Did you happen to make hotel reservations at La Quinta? That is where we will be staying.

Jo!

Hi Jo! My husband and I will be staying at La Quinta too. We’ll be coming in Sunday. I’m so glad to hear we’ll be having the procedure done on the same day…it’ll be nice to be able to support one another through this. 🙂 Looking forward to meeting you and your husband!

Natalie

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote from Heather34 on July 16, 2014, 11:23
    Hi ladies. I agree with what Dr. Pacik said above 100%. I was incredibly nervous prior to my procedure and had serious physical symptoms of anxiety (i.e. nausea, vomiting on the way up to the office, feeling like I was going to pass out, shaking, etc.). I tried very hard to not feel like this but it just happened automatically once I arrived at the office as it had in the past prior to other ob/gyn appointments. I received IV Versed (IV Valium) and it helped me just incredibly to take away these physical symptoms and allowed me to be able to go into the room and have the procedure under anesthesia. You are in tremendous care with Dr. Pacik, Janet Pacik, Ellen, Cynthia, and all of the staff. As nervous as I was, they made me feel so much calmer and more comfortable and my husband and I both knew they cared about us so, so much. Sending you all hugs and support.

Hi Heather…thank you for sharing this! I feel less anxious for this procedure than I do when I know I have to go to OBG-YN, which says a lot. I’m confident I’ll be in good hands!

hereisnowhy
    Participant

So excited for your progress, galaxygal! Glad the procedure went well, and I know the upcoming women (like klove and ndd0817 above) will do wonderful as well! It seems like you had a very similar experience to me, galaxygal, which is great 🙂 Best of luck dilating and transitioning to intercourse when the time is right!! Like KatieG07 said, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask because we are all here for you! I can’t believe how much I have learned and how much support I have received from this forum and the women I have met on it!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from ndd0817 on July 17, 2014, 21:42
    Hi Heather…thank you for sharing this! I feel less anxious for this procedure than I do when I know I have to go to OBG-YN, which says a lot. I’m confident I’ll be in good hands!

I am so, so, so excited for you and the other two ladies to have your procedures coming up on Monday and I just know they will all go so, so great. Please know this and know you are in excellent care with Dr. Pacik and all of the tremendous staff up there. One of the hardest things to go through for me while having vaginismus was visiting doctors who knew nothing about it (not even the name) and me having to try to explain it while being anxious. Never did they understand and so many times I would hear “just relax” “It’s all in your head” “you are anatomically correct so it will just work” and so many more. Dr. Pacik and his staff were the first ones who did not say any of this and I did not have to explain a thing to about vaginismus. They get it in it’s entirety and understand each patient’s individual background in relation to vaginismus. You seriously could not be in better care than with the group in NH. I will be thinking of and praying for you all this week. Sending you all hugs and support!!!!

klove
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from ndd0817 on July 17, 2014, 21:23

Quote:
    Quote from klove on July 15, 2014, 21:23

Quote:
    Quote from ndd0817 on July 13, 2014, 21:09
    Hi everyone! 🙂 My husband and I will be coming from Akron, Ohio on July 21 so I can have the procedure done. I am 29 and will be married for one year this upcoming August. I have tried several different treatments (i.e. physical therapy, anti-anxiety medicine, counseling, etc.) to overcome vaginismus these past 3 years but nothing has worked. My husband and I haven’t been able to consummate our marriage so I am ready and hopeful for this procedure. I have generalized anxiety so I am little worried that this will be another failed attempt to overcome this, but for the most part, I am excited for both me and my husband that this may be the answer.

If anyone else is scheduled for the procedure on July 21…I look forward to meeting you there!

Hi! My procedure is also on July 21st! I look forward to meeting you and I will be there to support you as we do this together. 🙂
    My husband and I are coming from Syracuse, NY. Did you happen to make hotel reservations at La Quinta? That is where we will be staying.

Jo!

Hi Jo! My husband and I will be staying at La Quinta too. We’ll be coming in Sunday. I’m so glad to hear we’ll be having the procedure done on the same day…it’ll be nice to be able to support one another through this. 🙂 Looking forward to meeting you and your husband!

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

I am staying at the La Quinta as well. We will be driving up on Sunday. So there are 3 of us on Monday? The more the merrier!

Katie

klove
    Participant

We are stopping at Sonic on the way there! My favorite place!

Heather34
    Participant

I love, love, love Sonic. There is an excellent one in Peabody, MA: 55 newbury street, PEABODY, MA. Soooooooo good.

Heather34
    Participant

I want to wish the ladies who will be treated tomorrow positive thoughts. Please know everything will go so well and we are all sending our support up to you!!!!!

klove
    Participant

I had my procedure this morning and I have to express my appreciation and admiration for Dr. Pacik and his staff. They were amazing and they helped me through each step of the procedure.

When I arrived at the office this morning, I wanted to throw up and pass out. Once inside, I started to panic and freak out. The staff was amazing, they didn’t judge me and understood how I was feeling. I honestly didn’t think I was going to make it through the procedure and be a failure. When I woke up, I had the largest dilator in and didn’t realize it. It was a profound moment for me.

I am now sitting at the hotel with a size 4 glass dilator and haven’t taken it out. I am in shock still and my anxiety has went from 100 to a 6.

I want all the future patients to know they are not alone and that it is ok to be nervous. Please have faith in this procedure. The Botox hasnt even started working yet and I am dilating all by myself! This problem was one of the worst things, I have ever went through. My fear of it was absolutely the worst. It was indescribable, how scared I was. I had ACDF surgery in September, which removed two bones from my neck/spine and replaced them. My fear had me believing that this pain would be worse. In fact, my pain level is only around a 3 right now. My post neck surgery was a 1000 on a scale of 1 to 10. You have nothing to fear from this procedure!

I will pray for all women suffering from this condition. You will defeat this!

galaxygal
    Participant

Klove, I was so happy to read your post!! I was thinking about you today and hoping you made the drive to NH. Congrats on the procedure and your success, it must feel great!!!!

klove
    Participant

Galaxy gal, awww thank you for thinking of me. I hope you are doing ok. I’m still on the first day. But I hope I can do the rest. I didn’t think I would honestly go through with it. But it is amazing what Dr. Pacik and his staff does.

Heather34
    Participant

I’m so, so happy that everything went well for you today klove. Sending up positive thoughts and prayers and huge hugs!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.