Questions for July and August 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for July and August 2014 Patients

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

It is rare to have nausea and vomiting because of the agents used and the short duration of anesthesia. Just alert the staff and ask anesthesia if you need a scopolamine patch. I made a note about this. It would be interesting to hear the experiences of the others.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I checked with Dr. Kramer, the anesthesiologist who will be delivering the anesthesia. He replied:

“I have never seen nausea and vomiting after a sedation anesthetic with just midazolam and propofol. It’s possible but very unlikely. There’s no problem giving some Zofran to her if she would like but she shouldn’t worry about it. I have seen patients so worried that they get nauseous in pre op before the anesthesia and I could give Zofran then if that occurs but I would tell her not to worry because this is not general anesthesia and I imagine any problems she had in the past were associated with a general (or spinal) anesthetic.”

This was my opinion also so I would say don’t worry about it. We will speak to you re: pre-medication. A small amount of Valium IV (Versed) before the procedure will help calm your nerves.

23years
    Participant

Congratulations everyone!!

It’s normal to feel anxious just try not to worry yourself into nausea. Easier said then done sometimes I know. Anxiety can be horrible. It’s no doubt we all have some.

You will do well!!

jessbee
    Participant

thank you all for your responses. I feel better now. ugh, that terrible anxiety…wish it would go away and never come back!

23years
    Participant

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

hereisnowhy
    Participant

So happy to hear about all the recent successes with the procedures!! Good luck to those having the procedure today!! Happy dilating 🙂 You’ve all got this!!! xox

Heather34
    Participant

Good luck to Jessbee and all the ladies who will be treated today! Sending up positive thoughts to you from Boston!!! BIG HUGS!!!! :):):)

23years
    Participant

Hope everything goes well today with your counseling sessions and your first night wasn’t bad! Hang in there! It WILL get better!! Each day/week/month…

Huge step ladies!! You’re all brave!

jessbee
    Participant

Thank you thank you! First night was not so bad..just woke up once to go to the bathroom and realized I was pretty sore. I removed it for about five minutes and reinserted it. The small break made it feel better and I went back to bed. It is a bit uncomfortable because your body is freaking out since it has never had penetration but I was still able to sleep quite well. Thank you ladies for the well wishes!! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.