New Blog: Depression common symptom prior to vaginismus treatment

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients New Blog: Depression common symptom prior to vaginismus treatment

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In an excellent recently published Blog, Dr. Pacik discusses how depression, a common symptom that exists in patients prior to vaginimus treatment, rapidly reverses post-treatment:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/depression-common-symptom-prior-vaginismus-treatment/

Excerpts from the Blog include:

“Depression is a common symptom of vaginismus leading to feelings of defeat as a result of the inability to get a proper diagnosis for painful or impossible intercourse, unsuccessful treatments and strained relationships. Depression is often associated with anxiety and fear that develops when repeated attempts at penetration fail because of pain. Depression rapidly reverses after Botox vaginismus treatment. Once a person feels they have some control over their destiny, these feeling of depression can rapidly reverse.

On Day 9 post vaginismus treatment, a recently treated patient, Becca, noted how quickly she was able to overcome feelings of depression, defeat and despair to feelings of being encouraged and empowered in the following post on the VaginismusMD Forum: “So, just wanted to update! I am 9 days post procedure and amazed at the difference between now and before the procedure!! My anxiety/emotion levels have dropped *drastically*. I was in a pretty depressed/defeated state of mind when I went to NH. I feel so much better than I did two weeks ago! Last night I was able to get the #5 in almost pain free (it took me 6 minutes to get it all the way in), tonight I was able to get it in, in 3 minutes! And had it in pain free for over an hour! 🙂 I haven’t used the lidocaine since day 2 post procedure – which is so shocking to me. I am now able to get my dilators in “by feel” and no longer need a mirror when putting them in. Also, I always insert my dilators laying down because for my nerves that has always made me the most comfortable. Last night I was able to insert the #4 before bed while standing up! I did it again today and it went in so easily. I am just feeling SO encouraged and SO empowered. I feel like, for the first time in my life, I am in control of my own body and am becoming comfortable with it. It has been incredible to see the changes that have taken place so far, and I am so excited about all the rest to come! To anyone that is considering the Botox treatment, I cannot tell you enough what a drastic change this has made in my life already. Yeah, I was a terrified, anxious, depressed ball of nerves when I got on the plane to go to NH, but I thank God that He provided the way and gave me the courage to go! You definitely won’t regret having the treatment, my only regret is that I didn’t find out about Dr. Pacik and his incredible work sooner!!”

This is a wonderful Blog and I encourage you to read it and welcome your comments and feedback.

klove
    Participant

I am actually in a state of terror right now. I have been cranky and crying for the last two days. We drive to NH tomorrow morning and my procedure is on Monday. I am absolutely terrified and do not want to go! I fear the dilation process will be painful, and unsuccessful. My stomach hurts so bad and I am unable to get any sleep. I started fighting with my husband and I just feel like I am unable to go.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi klove. I am so sorry that you are feeling like this. I felt so incredibly similar prior to my procedure and even threw up in the car on the drive from Boston to Manchester. Please, please know you are not alone with any of your feelings. I was too shy and too anxious to speak to a treated patient prior to my procedure and no matter how many times Dr. Pacik would assure me that everything would be fine, I was still petrified. It took me actually doing it and having the procedure to know that I would be fine and things would be ok. I thank God every single day that I did decide to do it. I promise you whole-heartedly that everything WILL go so well for you. Dr. Pacik is incredible and like no doctor you will ever meet and he will take such great care of you. Please, please know I, too, am here to support you in every way. Sending huge hugs!!!!

galaxygal
    Participant

Hi klove,
    I started to get cranky the days leading up to my procedure too and I took some of it out on my husband too. When Dr. Pacik does the procedure he uses an anesthetic and the lube has lidocaine in it which numbs you which is helpful because you don’t feel any pain. I didn’t feel any pain afterward and I was so relieved. I just had the procedure on Monday. I took Advil the following day because I was a little sore but nothing Advil couldn’t take care of. Just take it one day at a time and you will ge through this, you can do it! Don’t give up and make the drive!

klove
    Participant

Thank you for the kind words! I went and took a nap. I feel a little better. I don’t know how I would get through this without any of you lovely ladies. I am so happy I didn’t go with the facility in NYC.

23years
    Participant

Most of us are on a roller coaster leading up to the procedure. We all deal with our own feelings differently. But you will see how warm and inviting the staff are at the office. Dr Pacik does nothing without explaining it first, making sure you understand precisely what will happen and explains everything very carefully. You can ask any and all questions and he will answer any one in a kind and supportive as well as in an understanding way. You will walk in those doors and be part of an extended family

Good luck and try to replace negative thoughts with positive ones!!

Becca
    Participant

Hi klove,

So reading this, I assume you had your procedure yesterday? 🙂 I am hoping that everything went well! I think that most of the ladies who have been through treatment can relate to what you were experiencing. My husband and I flew to Boston from Seattle (for treatment) and it was a LONG flight full of nerves and anxiety. I was crabby the few days before too, and just so, so anxious and emotional, so much so I just felt sick to my stomach. It is scary walking in when you don’t know exactly what it will be like. I mean, being on the forums gives you an idea, but there are still a lot of unknowns. But, if I can say one thing it’s this, Dr. Pacik and ALL of the staff there are so kind, genuine, gentle and compassionate, it quickly eased so many of my nerves after meeting them. I hope that things are going well for you post procedure and can’t wait to hear an update from you! 🙂

klove
    Participant

Hi Becca,

Sorry I am just seeing your post now. I did have my procedure on Monday and I am now on 5th day post procedure. I have to say that this might have been the worst thing I have ever been scare of. However, Dr. Pacik was amazing and his staff was so supportive. I felt like I was going to pass out a few times and wanted to throw up when I got there. But, I have the best coach a woman can have. My husband has been amazing and I get emotional every time I think about it. I was starting to get discouraged since I was not able to put the dilator in myself. But last night I was able to insert the #3 silicone dilator all by myself! I am keeping a positive outlook and staying brave.

Thank you for everyone’s support!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.