Early post-procedure

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Early post-procedure

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

WOW!

Nicole
    Participant

Hey Molly! I just wanted to pop in and say how much I admire your attitude towards this struggle. It is not easy to be grateful for such a challenge, but it must surely make a world of difference in how you now see your body. It is such a rollercoaster of a ride (especially the first couple of weeks) and your emotions can be all over the place sometimes. Elated that you were able to even put a dilator in, frustrated that you can’t advance to the next size, apprehensive about your expectations for intercourse, etc. But I love the attitude of any pain you experience being the admission towards a more fulfilling and happy life! Thanks so much for your words and I can’t wait to hear more of your journey!

JS622
    Participant

H everyone! Julie here. I am currently 3 days post procedure and could not be more elated about my future! I cannot begin to express my gratitude for Dr. Pacik, his wife, and comforting staff. I have amazed myself with my own anxiety with insertion of #4 and #5 dilators. The work they do is truly a Godsend. They really make you feel at home. For years I was frustrated, mad, withdrawn, etc. I was even angry with God. I feel grateful to have found such a compassionate person and center dedicated to helping women like me. I am making it my mission to spread the word and to help others with vaginismus so they to can overcome this. I really believe in paying it forward. Currently I am in school for nursing. I aways wanted to get into Plastics-When I attain my RN I want to specialize as a Plastic Surgical Nurse. This is my goal and my calling. Thank you again, and I wish the best for past, current, and future vaginismus patients. Stay positive ladies! This is a whole new beginning! Make it fun 🙂

Nakitalab
    Participant

So happy for all of you! What wonderful news!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Julie. Huge, huge CONGRATS on having your recent procedure. I think it’s beyond awesome that you will specialize as a Plastic Surgery Nurse and you want to spread the word and help others to also overcome vaginismus. This is so, so, so wonderful. Having just gone through the procedure a few days ago, do you have any tidbits of advice for future patients who will be treated in March, April, and beyond? Any comments would be very, very helpful. Huge CONGRATS again!!!!

Becca
    Participant

Julie, I love that you want to be a Plastic Surgery Nurse and help others with this condition, I think that is so awesome. I’m also glad to hear things are going well! My husband and I really enjoyed your company! You made it lighthearted and less stressful and I’m so thankful for that! 🙂

In regards to Heather’s question about advice for upcoming patients … it is a wonderful experience! Definitely make sure you have some spanx type undies/shorts and yoga (type) pants, I’m so thankful I got those per your recommendation, Heather! 🙂 Also, make sure you use the right lube after your procedure (I had INTENSE dryness from just using the surgilube/lidocaine mix), the Slippery Stuff works really great for me. I did bring some Advil PM to use for sleeping the first couple nights, and I brought a travel pillow for the car, which was amazing. Just so future women know too, it’s totally normal to be emotional or weepie post procedure. 🙂 There is a lot going on physically and emotionally that day and it’s okay to cry. 🙂 I found myself crying quite a bit, but everyone there is so friendly, compassionate and kind. I even asked to have someone snap a couple pictures of my hubby and I pre-procedure in our scrubs/gowns/hair nets all of that and they were happy to do that. 🙂 I wanted to document this trip as much as possible. I guess another thing I would recommend would be to take part in the group counseling the next day! This was HUGE for me and my hubby. It is nice to just bounce ideas around, and be able to talk about what you’ve been through and hear other women’s experiences – it was SO NICE to be around people who truly UNDERSTAND what you are going through and to be in a comfortable environment. The other thing, the day after my procedure I was feeling frustrated that I wasn’t making as much progress as I wanted to (struggled to even get #4 in) but Dr. Pacik & Ellen kept reassuring and encouraging me that it’s not a race, everyone’s bodies are different, and the botox hadn’t even taken effect yet, so to be patient with myself and know that it will come. 🙂 Oh, and you can park on the street right in front of the house. When we got there we called because we weren’t sure where to park, but we parked all day in front of the office and it was fine. 🙂 Man, sorry to ramble on! I have been so anxious to get back home and on the computer where I could write and tell my procedure experiences!

OH! That reminds me, I do have a question, since my procedure (2/24) every time I sneeze I get an intense pain in my vaginal area. It is just while I sneeze and then its gone, but it hurts! Has anyone else had that happen to them and if so, how long can I expect that to continue?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Becca. This is absolutely awesome advice and tips pre-procedure. I love it all and it’s so, so helpful. As for your question about pain, I think this is so, so common as your muscles are now being stretched and there is so much daily activity in the area with stretching these muscles. I, too, felt this pain when I coughed for a while post-procedure and others have written: “does anyone else feel horrible pain when they sneeze or cough with a dilator in?! YOWZAS!” Dr. P has also written about this post-procedure: “Post procedure dilation is a “roller coaster” ride during the first 1-2 weeks after treatment. The muscles are still tight and “talking back” as they are being stretched.” The more days that passed post-procedure, the more my body became used to the dilators and stretched more and more and any lingering pain dissipated. :):):)

Becca
    Participant

Happy to read this thread again. 🙂 I was feeling frustrated at struggling to get #4 in too the first couple days (I am 6 days pp), and yesterday was able to get #5 in, but today tried and was able to get it in but it was just too painful so had to go back down to the 4. I just keep reminding myself that everyday is different and I need to give my body time to adjust to everything. My whole vaginal area has been pretty sore/achey the last couple days too, but there again I’m sure it is just not used to having things inside of me so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.