You have to catch up emotionally to where you are physically post-procedure

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure You have to catch up emotionally to where you are physically post-procedure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In reading one of the posts from last week and several posts in the past, a common theme is “you have to catch up emotionally to where you are physically.” For those of us who have had vaginismus for several years, such as myself, being cured can bring up so many different emotions. I remember having a constant smile on my face for so long after my procedure and family, friends, and co-workers all commented on how happy that both my husband and I were. We also kept having to pinch ourselves as we kept thinking that this was too good to be true and playing out what had just happened. The only thing that we wish we could’ve done differently in the whole process is we wish we would’ve found out about Dr. Pacik and the program several years ago as I was cured and we could have intercourse 1-week post-procedure and we had previously lived with vaginismus for several years. What does this mean to you – “you have to catch up emotionally to where you are physically” post procedure???

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

This is a very important topic for anyone who is going through the program. We are all amazed with how patients are suddenly able to use their dilators, when pre-procedure they were in a total panic about the idea of dilating as part of the treatment. I have had patients on the verge of not having the treatment because of the fear of using dilators.
    When you wake up, usually with the largest dilator after anesthesia, and begin moving the dilator in and out, it truly “flips a switch”. You suddenly know your anantomy is normal and that the vagina can accommodate a large dilator. During subsequent days as the vagina stretches and the Botox becomes effective, dilation becomes easier and the anxiety of dilating lessens. What is not easier is that there continues to be fear and anxiety about penile penetration. This is addressed during the post procedure counseling. It is still a major hurdle to think of having intercourse. Patients tell me time and again how easy it was if they dilated prior to intercourse. Yet this is exactly where they will tell me that they need to “catch up emotionally to what they have achieved physically”! The vagina accepts the larger dilators physically, but they are still overwhelmed with the idea of achieving intercourse. It is important for the ladies to respond to this topic, because others will benefit through your experiences.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I believe that this is one of the most important topics post-procedure. Any advice/comments here could really, really help future patients awaiting their procedures. What does the phrase “you have to catch up emotionally to where you are physically” mean to you?

Nakitalab
    Participant

Boy that phrase hits home for me. I had my procedure in October 2012 after suffering with Vaginismus for over 34 years. What a blessing it has been to have pain-free intercourse. I still can’t believe it. But I am a work in progress as far as “catching up emotionally to where I am physically”. I’m needing to work on “trust”, relaxing and foreplay. For so many years I just wanted to get it over with because it was so painful. I felt no passion and still am very self conscious. I so look forward to the day when I can get caught up in the moment, be spontaneous and make love with my husband with out “preparation” and not be in a hurry to get it done. Life is so busy so I haven’t been able to get there as quickly as I would like but I’m making baby steps. I would love to hear if there are others who have felt the same way and what you have done to help you get to where you can enjoy being a sexual woman.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.