Which dilator is right for you?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Which dilator is right for you?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RenTen
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

I think it’s safe to say that I have vaginismus. With that, my gyno recommended I try using dilators for three months to see if I am able to have sex before recommending me to pelvic floor therapy. I am not sure which set of dilators I should get? (brand, type, etc).

Any suggestions?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi RenTen – I got the botox treatment at Maze and they gave me the Pure Romance dilator set. I really liked it and felt it had all the sizes I needed to succeed, but other people have different preferences. It’s also possible that you may need to get a set to start with and get other dilators in sizes between the sizes you have depending on the size of your partner and whether you’re having trouble between a particular few dilators, but I highly recommend the Pure Romance ones as a starter set myself.

Here is where you can get them:
    https://www.pureromance.com/PWS/homeoffice/store/OCCA/catalog/sexual-wellness/Vaginal%20Dilator%20Set

Hi RenTen,

I agree with the above- we do love the Pure Romance set. We also love the Syracuse medical dilators.

Here is a site from which to purchase:

https://www.cmtmedical.com/product-category/pelvic-pain/dilators/

We do like the white plastic smooth dilators, they come in many sizes and the jumps from one size to the next are very small. But the silicone dilators are also very good if you want something a little softer.

Let us know how it goes!

Jackie

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi RenTen,
    We are here to support you through this process. Keep in mind that doing dilation consistently is key – perhaps you can schedule dilation into your daily routine if possible – our clinicians recommend dilating for 10 minutes.
    Hope this helps you get started.
    Take good care,
    Helen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.