Were you afraid that vaginismus would return?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Were you afraid that vaginismus would return?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Prior to my procedure, I was honestly very pessimistic and skeptical that it would work because I was so fearful that I would not be able to do the dilating. My biggest fear of all was the dilating. However, another fear included the thoughts – “If I do successfully dilate and have intercourse and overcome, will vaginismus just come back once the Botox wears off or even after I stop dilating the required year that I am supposed to post-procedure?” I was very, very fearful of this and, again, it took me going through it and experiencing it to overcome these fears. Around the 4 month mark when the Botox had worn off, I did not notice any significant changes at all. My husband noticed that I was a little tighter than before and I noticed that I produced more natural lubricant but these were the only changes. The resistance (“hitting a wall”) feeling never returned as I had been consistently dilating as well as having intercourse. Then, when I stopped using dilators after the year mark, I was a little scared it may return. However, again, it did not and we continue to have pain-free and enjoyable intercourse together. Now, the only time that I have used the dilators is before ob/gyn exams. I know this is a mental thing and makes me feel more comfortable that the test will work but, physically, I do not need to do this now. In fact, about 3 weeks ago, I had a gyn test at 3:15 in the afternoon and did not dilate in advance for the first time and was entirely fine for the internal exam. This boosted my confidence greatly as it was kind of my last hurdle and now, I feel like I don’t need to dilate for these anymore as well. Ladies, I think it is so common to have these fears but I am so happy to report that vaginismus has never returned – Thank God and Thank Dr. P. that this treatment is available.

Were you also afraid that vaginismus would return post-procedure? Any thoughts you have may be very helpful for future patients.

Heather34
    Participant

I also wanted to share one testimonial from a treated patient, Tabia, who posted 608 days post-procedure:

“Yes, it has been 608 days since my procedure! Oh what a transformation! I recently touched based with Dr. P to catch up and thank him again for his commitment to helping women. He encouraged me to revisit this site. I am just thrilled after reviewing the posts and threads that Dr. P and his team are still encouraging and supporting woman and even more so…changing lives. I too agonized (in silence) for twenty-two years from Vaginismus and before my procedure felt like less of a woman. Today, I’m elated to write that I am now whole. I enjoy pain & anxiety free intercourse, experienced TWO annual OB/GYN appointments (pap test and all) without tears fear or sneers and I am able to talk to close friends, family and current sufferers about Vaginismus. It has been and will always be a pleasure to be an ambassador, raise awareness and advocate for a very misunderstood condition. I wish you all continued success!”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.