Vuva dilators – question

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Vuva dilators – question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    plaloz
    Participant

Hello, Maze’s Women Sexual Health.
    I have the Vuva vaginal dilators (set of five) from VuVatech.com. Dilators 1, 2, and 3 go all the way in.

I have a question about dilators 4 and 5. Do they need to go all the way in?
    These are the non-magnetic kind (no neodymium magnets). Below are the dimensions,

Dilator 4: width 1.25 inches, length 5.5 inches, circumference 3.93 inches
    Dilator 5: width 1.5 inches, length 6.25 inches, circumference 4.71 inches

I have been able to insert dilator 4 but approximately one inch is sticking out.

Many thanks in advance,
    Plaloz

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Plaloz – it’s super normal for the larger-sized dilators not to go all the way in. They can be quite large and long and hit the end of the road, so to speak, while still having some of the dilator not inserted. Once you’re able to insert a dilator past that first ring of muscle it should slide the rest of the way in fairly easily either until you reach the flared base or until the dilator goes as far as it can comfortably go.

In short, it sounds like you’re using them just fine! Good job getting to the 4th dilator!

plaloz
    Participant

Thank you so much, rgq! ☺️

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Glad to help! 🙂

mazemelissa

Hi Plaloz,

Just wondering how your dilation is going with the Vuvu dilators? It has been about a month, are you able to move up to the fifth size yet?

Progressing up to the largest dilator is always challenging, so just wanted to check in…

Melissa

plaloz
    Participant

Hello, Melissa.
    I am still with dilator no. 4. Number 3 is easy. Number 4 is a bit more challenging, but I was glad to read that it does not have to go all the way in. I am not giving up! 🙂

Helen Leff, LCSW

Good for you plaloz! Keep in mind that the dilator you are currently working with will not feel comfortable until you move up in size. I know this is a bit of a weird concept – please keep it in mind. You are doing really well, dilation is challenging.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.