Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Damas1
    Participant

Pain during sex was the thing that made me investigate what was going on with me. I did try to get an examination but was unable to et ‘opened up’. It was too tight down there. The GP referred me to a psychosexual councillor that said it was vaginismus. Determined how ? Presumably simply because I could not dilate. They recommended something called a vagi-wave which I am using at the moment. Hopefully it will help. It seems to already cause a sort of spasming which has helped with insertions over the recommended time. Will report back later when I have some more news.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Damas1 – thanks for your update and looking forward to hearing more! I’m not 100% sure of how vaginismus is diagnosed but usually they can tell, either through examining or BECAUSE they can’t examine you, that your vaginal muscles are incredibly tight and over-spasming so that you therefore likely have vaginismus or a similar vaginal pain disorder.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.