Things are going great! 10 months Post-Procedure.

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Things are going great! 10 months Post-Procedure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nola218
    Participant

I haven’t posted an update in awhile so here goes…

I had my botox procedure in June of 2013. Last week I had my yearly gynecological exam and it was the first time I’ve ever had an exam without screaming and crying in pain. It was virtually painless! I’d say there was a slight discomfort but nothing I couldn’t handle, and for all I know, some “normal” women feel that anyway. I was so ecstatic. I had been having some minor skin irritation-like pain for some time so my doctor gave me some estrogen cream. I started using it last week and I finally had completely 100% pain-free intercourse. No muscle pain, no skin pain, nothing! I broke down in happy tears with my boyfriend afterwards. Things are really coming along for me!

Becca
    Participant

That makes me so happy to hear, Nola! 🙂 What a great encouragement that is for people like me who are not as far along as you are. 🙂 Congrats!!

Heather34
    Participant

This is so wonderful to read Nola! Huge CONGRATS to you on your tremendous success!!! :):):):)

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I’m always thrilled to hear how a terrifying GYN exam can be converted to a painless experience. It is so important for women to have regular checkups, and so many are compromised because of vaginismus.

During our counseling session I stress the importance of dilating with a large dilator for about one hour prior to the exam, much the same as preparing for intercourse. This is an important thread. What have others done to reduce the anxiety and successfully complete a GYN exam?

Congratulations!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.