Success Stories (2)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    candi
    Participant

That’s wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Nakitalab
    Participant

This is such awesome news!!!! So very happy for you, Elizabeth!

Heather34
    Participant

This is such a wonderful post Elizabeth and I am so, so happy for the two of you!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!

Elizabeth
    Participant

Thank you Candi, Nakitalab and Heather! I’m still pinching myself!! : )

Bitesize
    Participant

Although I am a little different on this site as I have not been through the procedure, and was diagnosed with secondary vaginismus as opposed to primary (It began after I’d been having penetrative sex for some time) I’ve still experienced serious difficulties having sex and penetration over the last two years. It wasn’t always 100% impossible, but often was, and was always very painful.
    In April of this year I began regularly seeing a psychosexual therapist and began dilator treatment, which I’m still continuing with. Although my partner and I have been together 3 years and are both almost 23, we don’t live together or have the opportunity to spend nights together when we want to, which has made it much harder to work on this together.

Last week we went away on a week’s holiday which meant we could spend plenty of time in bed together, and we used to chance to work with the dilators and try penetrative sex….. and it worked!! We tried four times altogether – two were unsuccessful, one almost worked but was very very painful, but the last time we tried we were able to achieve penetration!! Unfortunately this doesn’t mean the end of the treatment or that I am cured, there’s still a long way to go…. but it felt like such an achievement as due to this condition we haven’t been able to do this in such a long time.
    🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Huge, huge CONGRATS Bitesize!!!! :):):):)

candi
    Participant

Congratulations to you! Keep succeeding.

Mandy0598
    Participant

Like the others here, I had suffered in silence with this embarrassing problem for many years. It had damaged my marriage and my self esteem to the point that I felt completely worthless and at times was angry with God for “making me this way”. I married my high school sweetheart and although I had an idea that something wasn’t quite right before, it wasn’t completely evident until our honeymoon that we were going to have problems. I spent the next few years beating myself up for this. My husband was supportive through the whole thing but obviously without that physical connection we drifted apart. I saw an OB/GYN that basically made me feel like I was a failure of a woman, that I needed to “just use more lube” and “relax”. Of course, this only made things worse because it made it feel like this was all in my head.
    My husband and I continued on like this and going through the motions, and to my surprise, I actually did become pregnant. Yes, me with vaginismus. I was getting ready to go to my best friend’s bachelorette party and realized that I was late so I tested and thought I was going to have a heart attack, thinking this was impossible. Well, not impossible as I later found out but highly unlikely. I found a new OB/GYN and she explained what a “splash pregnancy” was and that I was in fact, pregnant. Although she didn’t have any professional experience with vaginismus patients herself, a colleague of hers had. She was very patient and compassionate through the entire pregnancy, never pressuring me to undergo vaginal ultrasound or any other internal exam for that matter. My labor was induced just so that they could try and keep ahead and the labor and my epidural was given about an hour after I checked in and they started the Pitocin. She only attempted to break my water after the epidural was in full swing and labor/delivery proceeded from there. It all went very smoothly considering the situation. It wasn’t until after my son was about 3 years old that we found Dr. Pacik. See, the one thing that my doctor had wrong was that having my son would correct my problem. She felt that this would stretch the vaginal muscles out and this would do the trick. Well, quite the contrary. This actually worsened the problem. It was only after my son was about 3 years old did we find out about Dr. Pacik and the amazing work that he is doing. After lots of convincing from my husband, we took a leap of faith and scheduled the procedure. Once we were there, I was immediately made to feel at home. Dr. Pacik came in and explained the procedure in depth, we filled out the paperwork and was taken down to the room to change. One of the great things that I don’t think I ever thanked Dr. Pacik and his staff for was their smooth operation and not making me wait to get this over with. Before I knew it, I was waking up with the largest dilator in place. I was shocked. Speechless. We spent the next few days working with Dr. Pacik and Ellen (who by the way is wonderful and hilarious) going through how to use the dilators, talking about how to progress to intercourse, basically any and all questions were answered. I was relieved to finally have this behind me and I knew that it had worked. I was faithful with using the dilators and was able to achieve intercourse within the first 2-3 weeks home. Of course it was slow-going at first, but now my husband and I enjoy a normal, healthy sexual relationship and I have Dr. Pacik and his wonderful staff to thank for that. It truly saved my marriage and I believe that God placed this group of people in our lives.

Mandy0598
    Participant

Sorry, something that I meant to add to the above novel 🙂 They make the suggestion of getting counseling after the procedure. This is something that I highly recommend, we didn’t do it because we thought things would magically be fixed….well, physically they were, but emotionally and mentally was a different story. If I had one regret, it would be not getting counseling. I did deal with some depression (I know, weird since my problem was fixed), and I still don’t understand it all but now that I’m on the other side of it I realize it for what it was. Just wanted to add that if I could help someone else avoid it.

Bitesize
    Participant

Thanks so much for the congratulations guys (:
    Mandy congratulations to yourself on both the birth and being successful with the problem – I’m seeing a psychosexual therapist to dea with this issue and it has definitely made it much easier on me. I completely agree with your suggestion on counselling.

Heather34
    Participant

Mandy, I loved reading your story and HUGE CONGRATS on your tremendous success!!!! :):):)

Nakitalab
    Participant

Mandy0598, what wonderful news and thank you for sharing your story. I totally understand your comment about counseling, thinking that since the physical aspect as fixed that every thing else should be as well. There is a huge emotional side of it that is just as important. I am still working on the emotional side, but am so very thankful for Dr. Pacik, his wonderful staff and this amazing procedure.

bubbly77
    Participant

It is a miracle I had my procedure less than 30 days ago and I have already been able to insert the Pink Dilator #5 pain free. My case was closed at Pelvic Sexual Health Institute because there was nothing more they could do for me. I had two options to get botox injections or to have the entrance of my vagina removed. I was very scared to get the botox injections , but i am glad I did. I had one of the worst cases of vagismus, the doctor wasn’t even sure he would be able to help me. He was actually surprised with my progress. He thought i was going to be really difficult. I actually cried right before going into the operating room. Once I got out of the operating room i had the largest size dilator placed in me. Later on we worked down with the dilators. I really struggled with the nurse trying to insert the purple dilator into the opening. I was in alot of lot pain and I was scared. The next day when i went back to the doctor’s office we working with dilators and I had a hard time trying to get the dilator in plus I was really nervous. The doctor ended up pushing the sm.blue dilator in the opening. Again I was crying, but he told me I would only feel the pain in the beginning and then it would go away.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Bubbly77. Congratulations on your tremendous success in being able to insert Pink #5 pain-free. This is so wonderful. Did you have Dr. Pacik’s procedure? Are you using the new Pacik glass dilators or pure romance set? I find that the glass ones are much more comfortable as they are shorter in length. For the longest time post-procedure, I felt like I had to keep pinching myself to believe that I was now so far from where I had once been. Prior to receiving Dr. Pacik’s Botox treatment program, I could not even insert a q-tip. Post-procedure, despite my tremendous fears of it being impossible, I was pleasantly surprised at the way my body reacted and I was able to insert the dilators and later my hubby pain-free and without the resistance feeling that we had always experienced. Dr. Pacik, Ellen, and all of the amazing staff helped me so, so much with the dilating, counseling, and significant post-procedure support and I thank God every day that my husband and I found and had this treatment. Now, I really enjoy giving back and helping others through my Forum participation and on-line support. Sending you hugs and congrats, again, to you on your tremendous success.

Catherine
    Participant

Hello All!

I just wanted to send along this additional note of encouragement and gratitude…

Two years ago today, my husband and I met Dr. Pacik for the first time — and his procedure changed our lives.

Like so many on this forum, I was completely unable to have sex with my husband. At 39 + and two years married, I felt utterly frustrated, misunderstood, and isolated. Thanks to Dr. Pacik and his team, after just a few weeks post treatment and dilation, we were able to have pain-free sexual relations. Absolutely incredible.

Today I am adding one additional post-script: my husband and I are now six months pregnant…. awaiting a baby girl this September. The miracle continues : )

For anyone questioning this procedure, take this to heart. Fear not!

May you know all that life can offer…. !

Thank you, Dr. Pacik!! – Mary Jo “Catherine” Casilio

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.