Success!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    klove
    Participant

I don’t know how to even write my feelings down. I haven’t been on here in awhile. I stopped my logs, I had given up for awhile which my story is on another thread.
    However, today was 11 months from my Botox procedure and we finally were able to have intercourse! Never give up! I’ve been going to pelvic floor therapy which has helped tremendously!

On a side note, if you are successful with all the dilators but still have pain when your partner tried to enter, it could be your urinary muscles are too tight. Dilators don’t touch them. That’s what I found out what my issue was. My physical therapist is amazing. I could have never done this without Dr. Pacik and my PT. I still have a lot to do, but he was able to enter and visit for about 5 minutes.

The last 11 months have been hell. An affair, my mind, the pain, the constant dilating, health problems as I have lupus. If I CAN do this, Anyone can!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Klove-you are a champion. I know that you have struggled through many adversities but you have conquered!

jessbee
    Participant

klove, what exactly do they do when you have pelvic floor therapy? My ob/gyn had suggested this but I wasn’t too motivated to find out whether it works or not. Congratulations, by the way, on all your acheivements! 🙂

klove
    Participant

Hi Jessbee, Thank you! I still have alot to do in order to be completely successful and pain free. But, I am in the right direction. I actually regret not going to pelvic floor therapy sooner! My physical therapist is amazing and I have gained so much confidence and feel happier. I was very afraid of going due to the issue at hand and someone else will be touching me. They are work on your muscles and also the most important thing I have learned, once she stayed at the entrance and I let her in, it got much easier. She didnt force her way in. She let me allow her in instead of the other way around. Ever since then, it has been so much easier and better. Now, that he was able to get in, we are now working on the other muscles that cause pain during intercourse. I hope you will consider it!

jessbee
    Participant

klove,

I am happy to hear that this type of therapy has helped you. I have emailed my obgyn to let her know I am interested in the therapist she referred me to earlier. Does your insurance cover it?

klove
    Participant

Absolutely! Your therapist would just send a treatment plan to your insurance for medical necessity. I hope you will go as I know it will help!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from klove on June 21, 2015, 20:09
    I don’t know how to even write my feelings down. I haven’t been on here in awhile. I stopped my logs, I had given up for awhile which my story is on another thread.
    However, today was 11 months from my Botox procedure and we finally were able to have intercourse! Never give up! I’ve been going to pelvic floor therapy which has helped tremendously!

On a side note, if you are successful with all the dilators but still have pain when your partner tried to enter, it could be your urinary muscles are too tight. Dilators don’t touch them. That’s what I found out what my issue was. My physical therapist is amazing. I could have never done this without Dr. Pacik and my PT. I still have a lot to do, but he was able to enter and visit for about 5 minutes.

The last 11 months have been hell. An affair, my mind, the pain, the constant dilating, health problems as I have lupus. If I CAN do this, Anyone can!

Hi klove! I remember talking to you often and I am so, so, so happy about your success!!! Huge CONGRATS and big hugs to you today!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.