Pregnancy AFTER Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Pregnancy AFTER Vaginismus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Allie
    Participant

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I haven’t been as active on the forum lately. I’m 11 weeks pregnant and the nausea & fatigue have taken over my life! 🙂

I’ve been having to really push myself to dilate. Between sleeping and vomiting I have had a hard time. I keep trying to remind myself how important it is to maintain my dilating schedule. I just want to add how crucial it is to make sure you are 100% comfortable with dilating and intercourse before trying to become pregnant. You never know if you will be one to experience morning sickness and etc. (Plus, due to your hormones and everything changing you don’t really feel “in the mood” for anything!) You do not want to get off track! I want to be honest and say that I had to skip dilating about 4 days and my anxiety was through the roof when trying to insert a dilator after that break. I was able to insert fine but the anxiety brought back many feelings I don’t want to experience again! So since then I am making sure that I am dilating at least 30 minutes a day!

I have only had to have 2 internal exams for taking cultures and feeling my uterus. It was a little uncomfortable but totally manageable! I won’t have to have a internal exam again until 36 weeks pregnant. My doctor told me that dilating is perfectly fine during pregnancy.

It’s a huge blessing and I am so thankful that I am pregnant. I just want to make sure you all know how important it is to be dilating and having intercourse regularly and pain free before getting pregnant! I’m thankful that was my experience because these past 11 weeks haven’t been easy and I know if dilating and intercourse were still painful that I would be having major anxiety. Best of luck to all you ladies who have overcome and are trying to conceive. These babies are definitely miracles! 🙂

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Allie, I’m so happy for you and your hubby and at the same time so sorry that you are having morning sickness and fatigue. I have heard that it can be really tough. Huge kudos to you though for working through it and still dilating. I can imagine that there are so many times that you feel so sick and so fatigued that it is the last thing that you want to do. It is so awesome that you can push past it and do it anyways. I totally agree with you that dilating is still so important. There have been many nights lately that I’m so tired from working such long hours that I just don’t want to dilate. And I admit that I do take a day off here and there because of it but like you it causes me a lot of anxiety knowing that I skipped one or two days. Thank you for posting as I have been wondering how you have been doing. I will keep you in my prayers that the morning sickness will subside and that you will get some energy back. Sending you a big hug!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.