Pain dilating during period?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Pain dilating during period?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    HES246
    Participant

I’ve been dilating for a few months (recently got to number 4 in the Femmax so the last one!). But I tried tonight first day on period and it burned! Is this normal?

Also how long after being on the last dilator until I’m ready to try penetration?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi HES246! I’m not sure about period-specific burning but it definitely strikes me as possible just because of other period-related pains like cramps and sensitivity. Sometimes it can be easier because there is more lubrication from the blood, but if it’s feeling painful it could be for a couple of reasons. Using more lube is always a good first step, and when starting with a new dilator size there can also be discomfort when moving up. I would recommend going back down a size and getting comfortable with that one again before moving up, or using the smaller one before switching to the larger one in the same dilating session.

Let us know if you have other symptoms – it may have been a one time fluke, but if you think it wasn’t, it’s worth getting looked at by a doctor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.