my Wife Christine

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating my Wife Christine

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I think you raise an excellent point and it seems that it would be a good idea for her to be studied for endometriosis. This must be done by a gynecologist, it cannot be self-diagnosed. Often a patient has a scope exam to make the diagnosis. It is worth a try.

Christine
    Participant

For the first time last night I slept with the size 5 and this morning I did 6 for 50 minutes andI tried the size 7 for ten minutes.
    I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been responding and supporting both me and my husband.
    After finding out that the many hats that my husband was taking on and wearing were weighing him down I decided to take them off his head for him. Now he dose still support me just not with so many responsibilities.
    We’re still looking for the cause of the vaginismus so now we’re setting up another appointment with my gyno to see if I have endometriosis.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Christine that is wonderful news! You are doing so good with your dilating. You are an amazing woman and know that we are all here for you. Big hugs!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I am very happy for you. You are rocking now!

Doodles
    Participant

Christine, hi! I am new here, too. I have many of the same issues that Dr. Pacik mentioned in his earlier post. I am just getting started in the process, but women like you truly inspire me. I don’t have much advice to offer regarding dilating since I am pre-procedure, but I do want to say that I think you are a warrior for facing your fears and getting on the forum. I understand how scary and overwhelming it is. I haven’t even been able to post my intro yet! I do try to keep in mind my husband’s soft encouragement: “baby steps”. Babies take a year or more from womb to walking with lots of falls and bumps along the way. It is just a process that unfolds naturally and beautifully and on its own timetable.

Try to be gentle with yourself. You really have been through so much.

Tony
    Participant

We asked her gyno to do the test. They basically refused to do it. And told us to call Vaginismus doctor in Iowa city. That was after give excuses like we don’t work with botox injections and this is a special case. And we didnt find any recommendations in the paperwork to do the test. I asked did you call Dr. Pack and ask him? They said no. But at this time we don’t feel we should do the test. Call iowa city. I said so your refusing to do the test. They said well no you just need to talk to your doctor in iowa city. So we are getting the same old b.s. run around. We still hafta call iowa city. Dr. Ugena. They said the test was a surgery. I said maybe I don’t understand the test then cuz don’t you just use a camera to find distinguishing marks to diagnose endometriosis. I don’t understand why we can just treat her for it and put her on birth control to see if the symptoms go away. But I am not a doctor. I am frustrated. My next day off we will try to call iowa city…. now after pondering it for a bit. I ask myself why would they refuse the test? Will it hurt her? Will there be recovery period? Will it set back her progress with dilating? Is it because the are scared to be involved with this botox procedure. Why are they so ruluctant to address vaginal pain? Here is a link I found to answer some of these questions.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/basics/definition/con-20013968
    Seems like a long process to get to hysterectomy. nothing else seem to gaurentee it not to come back. Considering that this test is invasive we will wait till this proceedure is complete. Maybe the pain will go away on its own. So the plan for now is to keep dilating take Advil for abdominal pain get to intercourse. Then decide from there if other things need done. I will keep you posted.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Tony. Please know we are all here to support you both. :):):)

Christine
    Participant

We went to iowa city today. Dr. Mazur decided to treat me for endometriosis and skip the test. She gave me the deproprava shot. This will make me not have as many periods so my premenstrual cramps will be less often less painful.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Christine. Less painful and less often premenstrual cramps sound very, very good. Keep us updated and please, please know we are all here to support you and Tony throughout this journey. Sending hugs!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.