my eyes have been opened

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus for the Men my eyes have been opened

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elliotte
    Participant

My wife and I have been dealing with this issue all of our married lives. We have been married for almost 14yrs. It has only been about a year ago that we even found out she had vaginismus! She has been to physical therapy, sex counciling, rape therapy( since she was also raped before we were married), group therapy, etc. Our story is much like many of those who have posted before us. We found Dr. Pacik on the net. Set up the appointment and today we had the procedure done! It was an eye opener. I thought I understood what my wife was trying to say to me as she tried to describe what she was feeling. However, when I got a chance to SEE her reaction when she went under, I was blown away. My deepest emotion was that I wish I could have understood her better, and that I wish we could have found Dr.Pacik sooner.

If any of you are thinking about doing this, I STRONGLY encourage you not to wait another day. I wish I could tell you that we had sex tonite, but please know that all will respond to the procedure differently. My wife has a high anxiety level, so with each day, I feel and hope that she will get stronger everyday. But this procedure was a huge step in the right direction. The botox hasn’t started to kick in and she she still has the pink dialator in place. She had never progressed that far neither had she had a dialator inside her that long. This is only day one and I am very excited for what the future holds. For us, victory is won in small steps, and for all that she has endured, I will be there for to the end.

Also, Dr.Pacik and his staff should receive some kind of an award for the exceptional service that they render. Everyone was extremely nice, friendly, and helpful. I can’t even begin to describe the type of patient care my wife received. They were so caring, it felt like they we were receiving treatment from a family member.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Elliotte you are a gem and coffee is lucky to have you in her life. Today was a very special day and as everyone shared their emotions there wasn’t a dry eye in the group!…and this is only day 1! Thanks so much for your words.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Meeting you and your wife today really touched my soul. My positive thoughts and energy will be with you every day and I look forward to each and every step you make with your wife in your new journey.

elliotte
    Participant

Thanks so much for your kind words and help. You guys don’t know how much it means to have help with this!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.