March 19, 2013

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    kaylee
    Participant

Good luck today ladies! I know everyone will do AMAZING and you are in excellent hands with Dr. P and all of the staff!!!! Can’t wait to read your updates!!! :):):)

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Dr. Pacik and his entire staff are looking forward to meeting you and to help you become successful in overcoming vaginismus. On our VaginismusMD website, we have a few articles under “During Your Stay” http://www.vaginismusmd.com/patient-info/during-your-stay/ — Visiting Boston Part I and Visiting Boston Part II. Also under “Preparing for your Botox Procedure” http://www.vaginismusmd.com/patient-info/preparing-for-your-botox-procedure/ you will find many other helpful tips. Another resource for the “Best of New Hampshire” is our local Hippo newspaper. Each year, they come out with a special edition of the “Best of . . .” http://hippopress.com/read-article/and-the-hippo-goes-to . You may find this helpful during your stay in Manchester. Again, we are here for you.

If anyone else has some suggestions, please do post! We love to hear from you all.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Kaylee, I’m so excited and happy that you and your fiancée are going to see Dr. Pacik and his team and receive the treatment. I am 52 years old and had my procedure last October. Like you I was totally obsessed with having Vaginismus. Thinking about it every waking moment, looking at other girls/women with envy, wondering why I was cursed with this. I couldn’t believe it when I stumbled across this website and the Forum. It was with mixed feelings–elated that I wasn’t the only one who suffered with Vaginismus, that I wasn’t a freak of nature, but at the same time saddened that so many suffered with it. When I made my appointment I just knew that I would be the one person that it wouldn’t work for especially since I had had it for so long (since I was a teenager). But I’m so excited and blessed to say that it has worked for me too! And I promise it will work for you! I’m so happy that your fiancée is able to go with you. This will be so beneficial and helpful for both of you in this healing process. Unfortunately my husband was not able to go with me but was so blessed that my sister was able to be by my side. The items that I felt helpful to bring were tight fitting biking shorts, panty liners, and ibruprophen. Because I’m in menopause and have issues with dryness, Dr. Pacik also recommended on the day of my procedure to purchase some cocoa butter which I apply to the dilator before leaving it in overnight which has been very helpful to me as well. Kaylee, I’m so excited for you and totally understand your feelings of being afraid, of being worried that you are going to let your fiancé down. I was so afraid of failing my husband once again. I know that I can’t take those feelings away but please do know that you are not alone, that Dr. Pacik and is team are the most kind, compassionate people you will ever meet and will take good care of you. You will be in the best hands ever. Please know that I am here for you 24/7 and will be praying for you. You are taking the first step to true healing and I promise you, you will do great! The treatment does work and it will work for you too!

Allie
    Participant

Hi Kaylee! 🙂 so excited to see that you will be receiving treatment soon! The start to a whole new life for you. Try not to worry about “failing” your fiancé. He must definitely care for you and love you to have stayed by your side this long and once you both arrive to NH and he starts understanding what you have been dealing with and as he helps you, you two will grow even closer.

My advice would be to just put all your trust in Dr. Pacik. I was a nervous wreck and very emotional the morning of my procedure, just try to remember that Dr. Pacik is going to do everything he can to help you overcome your vaginismus. You are in the best hands! Also, bring pads because it can get a little messy down there with the lubes and etc. One thing I wish I was told before was how uncomfortable walking around and trying to sit with the dilator is(NOT painful, just uncomfortable). Just know that it gets WAY BETTER. As I’m writing you now I’m wearing a dilator and I honestly do not even feel it! So just know it gets better. I also found that wearing spanks really helped keep the dilator & pad in place.

We are all here for you! I look forward to reading your updates. You are going to do amazing!!!! 🙂

lotus1000
    Participant

hi Kaylee,

Just to elaborate on the above, bike shorts would be great – bring 2-3 pairs. Alternately, I brought Spanx with me (I got them at Walmart, and they weren’t too expensive). We stayed at the LaQuinta, which was terrific and 2 minutes from the office. Bring covering, simple, cotton panties – nothing fancy or lacy, because things do get messy! I would also bring some pillows to leave in your car. While you’re driving, you’ll need them to help you get comfortable.

The fact that you made the appointment is terrific – that 1st step is the hardest one! Trust that you’ll get through it just fine and things are going to look up from here!

kaylee
    Participant

Hi ladies,

Thank you guys so much for your advice and responses. I truly will consider and use all of ur recommendations as I prepare for my trip. Lotus congratulations on ur recent successes, I’m very excited and truly happy for you! Ladies, please keep me in your prayers as i begin my new future. Only 14 more days!

Heather34
    Participant

I’m so excited for you Kaylee and just know you are going to do beyond well with your upcoming procedure. I am here for you with all of it, believe in you 100%, and KNOW you are going to have complete and total success. I wanted to share a couple of extra tips for your trip. Whenever my husband and I go away, even if it’s just for a short trip, I absolutely love going to a local day spa – so relaxing and fun. If you are interested in doing this or if anyone reading this is, I found reviews for a couple of day spas in Manchester.

Arcadya Salon & Day Spa
    989 Cilley Road
    Manchester, NH 03103

http://www.arcadyasalonanddayspa.com/

Review:
    The three times I have been to this salon I have had a great experience! I’ve gotten my hair cut twice by the same stylist and she did exactly what I requested both times. i recently went for the spa side of the salon and purchased a package that included a 1 hour massage, pedicure, manicure and a light lunch! The massage was great, she was very pleasant. The pedicure was more then I expected, friendly conversation with the artist. And the manicure was nice, felt a little rushed. the only downfall was they don’t have a drier for the nails, so you jus hope it doesn’t smudge. The packages included a delicious lunch from panera! Also have the tips included in the total for package was easy and helpful!

The staff is very friendly and the salon is beautiful! I will recommend this salon to friends and family in the future!

And

chill Manchester
    1224 Hanover St.
    Manchester, NH 03104

http://chillspa.com/

Reviews:
    I recently spent a full day at Chill Day…
    I recently spent a full day at Chill Day Spa in Manchester NH.. I am from Boston, MA and I would never have thought that I would find a spa in NH that would compare to places that are found on Newbury Street. This spa is amazing!!

I really enjoyed my time here.
    I really enjoyed my time here. They have a very nice salon and spa and you can get pretty much everything done here. The staff that I have been to for hair and nails have been wonderful and I love their facials. Overall I find it to meet all of my needs in one place!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I wanted to wish the ladies who will be treated coming up on March 19th tremendous success. I know each and every one of you will do so well.

“My advice to help with any pre-procedure anxiety”
    I have just so much advice here. I promise to try not to write a book but I love to write (lol). I can’t guarantee it will be organized but are just all of my thoughts at this very moment. TRUST IN GOD … with God all things are possible!!! Believe in yourself and your strength as a woman – look at every single thing you have gone through in your life and have succeeded and come out on top. Draw strength and confidence from this and KNOW you WILL succeed!!! To pull yourself out of any sadness or feelings of negativity, take it one day at a time and celebrate even the smallest successes. Just like anything, practice this over and over and over and it will truly work to make you feel better and more positive. Lean on the one you are with and ask for their help during this time and the time you both will be here … it will be a life-changing experience for them as well and they will be right by your side. Trust in Dr. Pacik, Janet, and the staff … you are in absolutely amazing hands and they will take good, good care of you. From the moment that my husband and I walked in to the surgi-center, we felt welcome and they all go out of their way to reduce your anxiety and make you feel almost like family. I was very, very nervous prior to my procedure and was given IV Verced (anti-anxiety medication) and, after taking this, I don’t remember a thing at all until I woke up from the procedure. Knowing that I could take this in advance also just made me feel so, so much better. For a distraction, try to treat your trip like a vacation as well and find things to look forward to seeing and doing here. Finally, as hard as it is, allow yourself to let go and trust in God and the entire procedure and process. I believe in you guys and know you will do GREAT!

kaylee
    Participant

Thank you for the good wishes Heather 🙂 I truly do trust in god and know that if he put me through this it’s for a reason and I too will be sucessful. I am placing myself in the hands of Dr. Pacik and his staff and I trust that i will be well taken care of.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Kaylee, I wanted you to know that you have been in my prayers and I’m so excited for you. Will be thinking of you this week while you are in NH. You honestly could not be in better kind, loving, compassionate hands.

Heather34
    Participant

Good luck today ladies! I know everyone will do AMAZING and you are in excellent hands with Dr. P and all of the staff!!!! Can’t wait to read your updates!!! :):):)

kaylee
    Participant

Thank you ladies for your good wishes. They meant a lot as I went in for my procedure. I wrote an update on the post procedure link.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Kaylee, I just read it I am thrilled for you! You have been in my thoughts in prayers this week and I’m so glad that you posted. Isn’t it an amazing feeling to know that you are truly on your way to being free of vaginismus! It is so wonderful!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Kaylee! I just read your post and couldn’t be happier for you!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!

millkait12
    Participant

Kaylee —

That is great that you are going down for the procedure! I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Pacik, but I have yet to take that step like you. My advice, even though I have not been through the procedure yet, would be to just relax… make the most of your stay! It’s a time to remember for the rest of your life because it is such an important step in the right direction!

You’re so right! It totally takes over your life… I went to the doctor yesterday, not to get a Pap or anything but to get blood drawn (so totally unrelated) but on the paper work they had me fill out… it said “last pap smear” and had a line through it… because it was incomplete. Little things like that bring me down a really dark road. When I am enjoying time with my boyfriend, not being able to share sex with him eats at me. Everytime I start my period, and have to use a pad, I think about when can I finally use a tampon… When I go to the doctor for a physical exam, I have to explain I cannot have a pap smear..and then it brings me back to my problem yet again. When my friends talk about sex, and people get pregnant, I wish it was me. It’s hard to find hope it’ll ever get better…but you’re taking such a huge step, Kaylee. And people like you who are getting the procedure make me realize it is hopeful for all of us! Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.