March 19, 2013

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Nakitalab
    Participant

millkait12, it breaks my heart to read your post as I remember those same exact feelings all to well. I hope that you will be able to talk with Dr. Pacik in the future as I promise you, his procedure can work for you too. I had my procedure last October and I still can’t believe that I had a “real” GYN exam and pap smear last month and that I am able to make love with my husband pain free. Over the last three weeks we have been apart due to work and there were several days throughout that time that I wasn’t able to dilate. I was so worried about the next time we were able to be together and it is truly amazing that even after all of that I had pain free intercourse tonight. Thank you so much sharing and I’m so glad that you found the Forum. I am here for you and again I so hope that you will feel comfortable to call Dr. Pacik some day. He is the most compassionate doctor you will ever meet and totally understands what we all are/have gone through. Have hope as being free from Vaginismus is real!

kaylee
    Participant

Hi Milikait12,

Yes, I very much understand what you ean when anything that happens on a daily basis reminds you of the BIG problem vaginismus is. When I was doing research for the procedure I thought id give physical therapy a go before I resorted to Botox treatment which is located on the other side of the United States for me. I googled a few places and called about ten different facilities, left voicemail, and got nothing but “Vag what”. I was so frustrated because they would advertise the treatment but would give me answers like those, then I would answer back and say ” never mind your clearly not the person to help me”. I, like you know just recently had the procedure and I feel like im on my way to be healed from this problem. I know it seems almost impossible to go through with the travel, procedure, and everything as a whole but im glad I called, scheduled it, and got on that plane. There were many times that I would think, “what am I doing”, and “am I really going through with this”. I finally gathered the courage, figured out how to pay for it, and told myself the only thing stopping me from being happy is money. I then told myself, “Absolutely not, im going to figure it out but im going”. I was really tired of crying, daily, just living a lie because everyone thought I was happy but truly I felt so incomplete. You definitely can do this too. I choose not to let a year pass by without me making a move towards a solution. If you would like to text, email, or call me please send Janet Pacik an email and we can talk more about the actual procedure. I know its scary, the whole thing, but I can certainly help with any questions. Like I said today I am six days post procedure and already see a huge improvement. I know its only a matter of time so I too can be successful.

millkait12
    Participant

Kaylee —

That message was so reassuring for me! I went to this doctor that had specific information about Vaginisimus on their website. When I called, the receptionist goes “vagin-a what?” Then, when I went in for my appointment the doctor didn’t even know what I was coming in for. Then, she knew what it was but didn’t know the extent to treating it…so I got referred over to another lady who yet again referred me to someone who could better assist me. I’m still trying to wrap my head around Dr. Pacik’s procedure, but I feel better about it everyday knowing so many girls have had a successful treatment. I haven’t given Physical Therapy a try yet, but I hear for most girls it doesn’t work.. and I am one of those who can’t seem to open the dilation box and get past it on my own. I am so proud of you Kaylee for going through with it and not backing out! That shows real strength and courage.

My boyfriend and I had another talk about this the other night, and I said something about how eventually I might want to go to New Hampshire for this… he told me he’d come with me. I then told him I didn’t want him to get sick of me if I can’t have sex… and he told me he will be OK with this forever.. 1 year, 7 years, etc. To know I have someone willing to commit to me without including sex in that package, really really helps me to relax.

Thank you so much for this! It really helped. I will talk to Janet about getting in touch with you.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.