Lubricants

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    GoldDahlia
    Participant

Just reporting back post-procedure to say that I switched from the surgilube to sliquid organics natural on day 6 post procedure for dilating (am 9 days PP today) and finding it very comfortable. I also feel like I can take the dilator out and put my underwear on just before heading out for work in the morning with a lot less residual mess as I walk.

I’m using olive oil as a base under the sliquid for overnight dilating which is very comfortable, but runny. Definitely use a pantiliner or wear something old you don’t care about to avoid oil stains if you choose this. I will continue for now, but may switch to something solid at room temperature like coconut oil or cocoa butter later on.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi GoldDahlia, I have been using cocoa butter as a base when I sleep with #4. It has worked great for me especially since I am especially dry due to post menopause. It is not messy and my body doesn’t seem to soak it in like the surgilube does. I too wear a panty liner for when I’m dilating and when leaving the dilator in every night. You are doing so great! So very happy for you.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In an excellent post, a recently treated patient, Becca, commented about the benefits of using SLIPPERY STUFF lubricant post-procedure:

“I don’t know if any other women have had this happen but I thought the jar of lube I was sent home from the office with was the slippery stuff lube, I didn’t realize it was a surgilube/lidocaine mix. I was having INTENSE dryness, the first day/night because all I used was that mix and it left me dry, hurting and feeling like I was ripping my skin off to try and pull the dilators back out after leaving them in for a few hours or overnight. It literally took me 20 minutes of sobbing to get the #4 out later that day, it was easily one of the most painful things I have ever experienced. 🙁 The next day I talked to Dr. Pacik and Ellen about it and they got me a little jar of the slippery stuff to use and it has been MUCH better since then. So to any ladies in the future, just make sure you’re using “real” lube and hopefully you can avoid that problem!”

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.