Lube!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    endofmytether
    Participant

Hi,

I’m progressing quite well with dilating and am about to run out of KY Jelly. Can anyone recommend a good lube? I have the FEMMAX plastic dilators and I’m in the UK, but I don’t mind buying on line.

Thanks.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Endofmytether! I personally love lubes with a bit of silicone in them – they stay slick longer, whereas purely water-based lubes tend to dry up quickly. The two brands I really like are Liquid Silk and Sliquid, and I see that you can buy at least Liquid Silk on Amazon’s UK site, so I’m sure it’s available elsewhere in the country online. Here’s a link:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liquid-Silk-Personal-Lubricant-250/dp/B002V08I1U/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=sliquid&qid=1554007582&s=gateway&sr=8-4

endofmytether
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I’m relieved you recommended a silicone based lube because I’ve just ordered one with silicone on line! I had to go ahead and order one because I had run out completely and am using olive oil in the meantime which is ok but not great. I’ll take a look at the links you provided in case I get a different one next time.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I’m glad you went silicone! That’s always been my preference; just be careful using it with sex toys MADE of silicone because it can break down the material. Also, if you’re ever hard up for lube, coconut oil is a GREAT substitute.

endofmytether
    Participant

It came today and it seems to work! It is a little runnier than I would have wanted; I think a cross between a water-based gel and the silicone one would be perfect! Anyway, thanks for the input. I’m now on the largest dilator of 4 and making steady progress.

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi!
    Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. We at Maze have found that Sliquid with the purple label works very well
    as it is a hybrid water based/silicone lubricant. It can be found on Amazon.
    Keep up all the good work you are doing!
    Helen

S T
    Participant

I have used many Lubricants ( although not the ones recommended on this thread) I must say that coconut oil was the best for me, dilators and partner.

Hi ST – yes we agree! Organic coconut oil is one of our favorite lubricants. It’s versatile, safe for the vagina, and available at the grocery store! Do remember though that it is NOT latex condom compatible. The oil can breakdown the latex which is obviously not good for prevention of pregnancy or transmission of STIs. Here is a great article about the benefits of coconut oil as a lubricant.

https://www.foriawellness.com/blogs/learn/can-you-use-coconut-oil-as-lube

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.