life changing day–procedure done !!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General life changing day–procedure done !!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jessbee
    Participant

I’m sure everyone knows the million and one questions I’ve been asking on the forum for the past year, and how I have also been worrying myself sick with anxiety and almost opting out of the entire thing…well the day finally arrived and it was nothing but amazing! I have achieved a personal milestone.. One of my greatest accomplishments being able to dialate on my own with a number 5 dialator!!

The bundle of nerves I had been in surprisingly disappeared last night as I mentally prepared for today. This morning i woke up ready to get this done! Dr. Pacik and his staff..who are truly heaven sent.. Made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I knew the minute I walked in there that they GENUINELY cared for me as if i were a friend or family member. Dr. Pacik’s demeanor is so so gentle and honest..i realky felt i had nothing to be anxious about anymore.

To be honest the most painful part of the entire procedure and was the finger test Dr pacik performs to see if deeper parts of the vagina contract when penetrated….it was only mild discomfort and Dr. Pacik is very careful and will not continue if it hurts you. The procedure came immediately after this..the anesthesia was given..I was out in a matter of seconds. And the best part was waking up with large glass dialator that I never ever thought could be possible to accommodate! Wow…it really mentally and emotionally blew me away!

I have been wearing a #4 dialator since 1 pm and will continue wearing it I until tomorrow morning. I have been able to insert and reinsert on my own and with my husband’s help as well…and this is without any anesthetic!

Ladies who are suffering from the ugly monster V..please don’t waste time thinking about getting the procedure done…set it up right NOW! Take it from someone who suffers from severe anxiety and was a number 5 on the severity scale..meaning I have never been able to penetrate with anything big or small prior to this…do this procedure for yourself. It will change you in just one day. After suffering from depression due to vaginismus, feeling like a failure, feeling broken, feeling like a horrible wife..I know this will make me feel like a different person and I can not wait to start a new journey with my husband.

I thank God for leading me to Dr pacik. My husband and I are so grateful to all he has done. By the way, my husband was in the procedure room and assisted Dr pacik in dialation.He now has a better understanding of vaginismus and was amazed as this all happened. Sharing this experience with him has brought me to a new level of trust with him..I know this will help us when we attempt intercourse.

Heather34
    Participant

This is absolutely wonderful Jessbee! Huge CONGRATS to you!!! I am so, so, so, so happy for you tonight! Sending you hugs!!!!

jessbee
    Participant

Thank you heather! You have always been so helpful and supportive through this entire process! You too are heaven sent! 🙂

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Jesssbee-you were a champion yesterday. From a bundle of nerves to serene in one day!

This is the power of the Forum. I know that my patients are arriving much more relaxed than ever before in large part to the trust built through everyone’s participation on the Forum. Buckets of tears in the past have been replaced with smiles as patients anticipate a successful outcome.

I look forward to seeing you and the others this morning to continue our journey. It should be a piece of cake for you!

23years
    Participant

AWESOME!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from jessbee on August 11, 2014, 21:36
    Thank you heather! You have always been so helpful and supportive through this entire process! You too are heaven sent! 🙂

Thank you so much Jessbee. I love chatting with you on the Forum and am elated that you had the procedure and I seriously want to give you the biggest hug! Congratulations my friend! Today will also be a wonderful day for you with dilating as well as Dr. Pacik’s counseling. As it is a beautiful day in MA, I bet it’s a beautiful day too in NH and I hope you are all able to do the counseling outside and enjoy the day together. Keep us posted! Sending you all positive thoughts and prayers!!! :):):):)

Kim
    Participant

Congrats JessBee!! I love getting notified in my email of new patients and their overcoming fear and experiencing the joy and excitement from getting the procedure – it is TRULY life changing!

Becca
    Participant

So happy for you, JessBee! 🙂 My husband and I both really loved that he got to be in the room and aid with the dilation during the procedure too. I think it is really eye-opening for our partners to witness all of this first hand and get to be a part of it. So glad you had your procedure done!! 🙂 🙂

galaxygal
    Participant

YAY! So happy for you Jessbee!

Kate91
    Participant

Hi Jessbee! I loved hearing your story, I am having the procedure in one month and felt exactly like you described, a bundle of nerves! This is really helping me feel confident!

jessbee
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Over a month post procedure and improving each day! We have not attempted intercourse just yet but I will keep you up to date! Kate, I am so glad that my story has helped you…you just need to mentally prepare yourself and just have a positive mindset that everything will be okay. Honestly, I think I’ve had scarier trips to the dentist than this procedure…easy peasy lemon squeezy as my 2nd graders say 😉 You will see!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.