How to keep the glass dilators in while shopping/doing activities?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure How to keep the glass dilators in while shopping/doing activities?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

There was talk in an earlier thread this week about shopping while dilating with the glass dilators and the flexibility one has because of their shorter length. Another question often comes up of how to keep them in place while walking around and while shopping or doing chores with them in. Ideas for this include:

Salvarez91: “[w]hat helped the dilators from sliding out while walking were the gauzes I would get from rite aid .. I’m sure you could get them at any pharmacy store.. They are as long as a pad but way thicker so there was no way for the dilator to slide out.. It was always kept in place.. Eventually when I became a pro, I just used a regular thin pad.. It would slide out very little, but I didn’t mind it .. I think your body just gets used to it that you don’t even notice it anymore!”

Vashalla: “I typically use cloth menstrual pads, like the ones you can get from http://www.gladrags.com or http://www.lunapads.com. They’re great because you can make them as thick as they need to be in order to keep the dilator in place, even if you don’t have tight underwear like spanx. Plus, they’re cloth, so it’s gentle on the skin, and they’re multipurpose since I also use them for my period. I personally use Gladrags, but I’m sure the Lunapads are just as good. I’ll usually put two of the gladrags inserts into one holder, and that works well to keep the dilator in. Then, I just wash them as their own load about once a week or so (depends on how many holders and inserts you have).”

Does anyone have any additional ideas for how to keep the glass dilators from slipping out while shopping/doing activities?

KatieG07
    Participant

I wear my glass dilators with my undies that are a little tighter and tight bike shorts. Helps keep it in. I haven’t gone shopping yet but I do house chores which is great!!

Becca
    Participant

I think this is a great post! 🙂 I had a hard time with the idea of being mobile while wearing the dilators. It is hard and uncomfortable at first, but the more you do it, the more your body gets used to the idea of moving while wearing them. I have noticed for me, that walking around with the #4 glass dilator is MUCH easier than walking around with the #5, but that’s just me. I usually wear a long/bulky pad in my underwear to help keep the dilator in place, as well as wearing some spanx shorts or bike shorts on over my underwear for extra snugness. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.