Build each other up:)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Build each other up:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Allie
    Participant

During my journey and struggle with vaginismus I have found comfort and strength in confiding in my husband. My faith in God has guided me and I know that through Him ALL things are possible. I have recently been able to talk to a few friends and family members about the struggles I am going through, it does help me to be able to even talk about it. This forum has been a HUGE help to me as I get to read your posts about your struggles and many of your success stories. It has been very encouraging. Just like many of you, I spent many years in silence, so this forum has helped me in so many ways.

Last week a woman from this forum emailed me and asked if I would like to speak with her via telephone and that she would answer any questions I had. I of course told her yes that would be great! I spoke with her last night for about 45 minutes. She answered all of my questions and gave me great advice. When I got off the phone with her I found myself in a puddle of tears. 🙂 Its one thing to communicate on this forum, but for the first time I heard the voice of a woman who has been through the exact struggle and heart ache as me. It may seem silly, but it just really impacted me. Thank you “Catherine” for reaching out to me and taking the time to share with me and help me. I will be constantly praying for continued success for you and your husband.

“So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Heather34
    Participant

This is a wonderful post Allie. Prior to my procedure date, I had never spoken to nor met another women who suffered from the same condition of vaginismus. On my procedure date, when my husband and I met my roommate and her husband, it was so refreshing and an emotional experience for both of us. For the first time, we felt like there were other people who had also gone through what we did with vaginismus and we no longer felt so alone with it. This was in 2011. Fast forward to right now and this Forum as well as the tremendous support network of cured patients who have already gone through the procedure, and it is seriously wonderful and an excellent resource to diminish pre-procedure anxiety. I absolutely love your message about building each other up and I’m happy to be a part of this amazing community of support.

Possum
    Participant

Hi Allie,

I’ve been reading lots of posts on here, and from the sounds of it, our journey’s are very similar. I’ve been very encouraged by what you have written. Would you mind if we emailed? My faith in God is a huge part of my life and I would love to discuss things from that perspective as well.

Thanks,
    Possum

K Howard
    Participant

Allie, I love this post! It was such a pleasure and blessing meeting with you yesterday morning and “building each other up”! I know that you will do wonderful with your procedure and that you and your husband WILL be successful in overcoming vaginismus completely. We will definitely be keeping in touch and as always, if you need anything – let me know!

Heather34
    Participant

In her post, Allie wrote “This forum has been a HUGE help to me as I get to read your posts about your struggles and many of your success stories. It has been very encouraging. Just like many of you, I spent many years in silence, so this forum has helped me in so many ways.” Today, to you who are reading this right now, please know that we are all here to support you and you do not have to feel alone with this condition. As Allie so awesomely said, let’s continue to “BUILD EACH OTHER UP”!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your positive energy and support of each other! I speak with women from all over the world suffering from vaginismus, and I always advise them to check out the forum, and they are always so inspired by all of your support. Again thank you!

Love this! The support really goes such a long way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.