At a loss

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hi Klasalvia,

Thanks so much for your post. It can be awfully unsettling to build up your courage for one diagnosis/procedure, only to have it challenged by another provider. Unfortunately, anxiety can be an unwanted though common companion on a medical journey. Working with a therapist to express your feelings, practicing mindfulness and breathing exercises – these are just some of the techniques we suggest to help you along the way.

Trust, communication, and respect are key in your relationship with your care provider. Without these qualities, overcoming your fears will be even more of a struggle.

If you are contemplating the idea of seeking further information, please feel free to call us for a free 10-minute consult. No matter what you decide, I wish you all our best!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Klasalvia, I’m so sorry about your situation. I get it – it sucks to feel like you might finally have a handle on a diagnosis only to have the rug pulled out from under you. The good news is that even though this information is a shakeup, in reality it brings you another step closer to understanding. Sexual pain is a rocky, swerving road with a lot of false starts, but you can get to a more normal life in the end.

Dilating can be scary and hard, I know that firsthand. But there are lots of people and facilities that can help you get started (including these forums!), and dilating lets you control your progress in a way that’s empowering and that lends well to taking back control over your body. If you decide to give it a try, we’re here to cheer for you and answer questions every step of the way. Please let us know how we can help, and give yourself some credit for what you’ve been through so far – it’s clear you’re a strong woman who won’t give up easily.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.