What to wear while dilating with the glass dilators?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids What to wear while dilating with the glass dilators?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    lotus1000
    Participant

Just something to add – you can buy “spanx”-type shorts from CVS for around $8 each. Also from wal-mart for about $12 each. I bought three of them – after I use one, I just toss it into the laundry for next time. They work really well!

GoldDahlia
    Participant

These have all been very helpful suggestions as I’ve been prepping for my upcoming procedure. I ruled out biker shorts and spanx as I am personally averse to undergarments with a high rise waist (and I want to have as positive as possible of a mindset from the very beginning and such things would feel uncomfortable and unsexy to me). I’ve settled on a few pairs of boyshorts and tight bikini panties (5 for $20 at Target) in combo with Always Maximum Protection extra long pantiliners for added structure and absorption without bulk. I’ll let you know how it goes! I’m hoping that if I ever get to the point that I could be walking around with the dilators in anyway I’ll be wearing my standard jeans which should certainly be stiff/tight enough to hold things in.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Jeans work great! Especially if they are little on the snug side. Yoga pants work good too. :0)

GoldDahlia
    Participant

Updating post-procedure: I wish I had used a pad with wings for the day of the procedure and the next day. The silicone dilators have a semi-wide disk at the base and the lube and stuff oozed over the edges of even a wide liner. The square gauze pads provided at the surgery were thick and wide, but not plastic backed, so I still bled through to my panties.

Jeans were great at holding things securely in place! Dilating at home I am most comfortable wearing regular bikini panties with a pair of boyshorts over the top for an added tight layer or a pair of yoga pants.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.