What is the best clothing for procedure day and after?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients What is the best clothing for procedure day and after?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nicole A
    Participant

Helloooooo!

I’m getting my procedure done in late September (yahoo!!) and have been wondering what sort of clothing I should wear for procedure day and after. On the Patient Info section of the website, it says snug undergarments to keep the dilator in place (like workout shorts) and also comfortable clothing that is not too restrictive as the area may be tender. So… what exactly does that mean? I have snug workout shorts / bikini underwear, so I think I’ OK there. As far as the comfortable clothing… any suggestions? Would that be like lounge pants? Is it cold in the office, should I wear socks or are flip flops OK? Please tell me what you’ve packed or maybe someone on staff can respond with what some of the best options are. Thanks!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Nicole A, on the day of my procedure I wore comfortable yoga pants with snug bikini underwear. On the second day I wore snug bikini underwear with bike/athletic shorts (the kind without the padding in the butt, that were form fitting yet comfortable). We were there in October and had beautiful fall weather. For the full trip I had pull over sweatshirts and my yoga pants and jeans but I ended up wearing my yoga pants all of the time. The office was not cold and they had wonderful heated blankets to put on you after the procedure. I had slip on shoes but I did take a pair of the cozy little anklet booties for the hotel room. So excited for you, Nicole and look forward to hearing how you are doing both now and after your procedure.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nicole. I am so, so excited for you to have your procedure coming up in September. For my procedure day 1 and 2, I wore lounge pants / Red Sox t-shirt for outer comfy clothes and flexees (tight-fitting) underwear and this worked very well for me. I also wore sandals and, like Nakita, remember those nice heated blankets. I was not cold at all and was very, very comfortable in the office. Also, you will be visiting NH at one of the most beautiful times of the year in September. Boston is nearby with loads of fun attractions and the ocean is very, very close to the office as well. Looking forward to reading more of your posts and I’m so, so excited for you and for September to arrive!!! :):):)

Nicole A
    Participant

Thanks for the advice ladies, I will pack accordingly! Those heated blankets sound nice =) I am arriving a few days early to spend time in Boston as I have never been before. I am so so so so so excited I cannot even explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nicole. I am so, so excited for you and just KNOW that you are going to do great and this procedure is going to be life-changing for you in so many ways. I think it is so wonderful that you will be visiting Boston. My husband and I live right outside of the city in Medford, MA and absolutely LOVE Boston. If you have any specific questions about things to do and places to stay, please ask away! And, definitely check out a couple of the Blogs about the city:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/patient-info/during-your-stay/visiting-the-area/

AND

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/patient-info/during-your-stay/visiting-boston-part-ii/

Can’t wait to read more of your posts. Sending hugs and, again, I absolutely KNOW your trip will be great!!!!

candi
    Participant

Lots of luck to you Nicole!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.