Want to overcome vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Want to overcome vaginismus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lmoonlight2
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum and hope to talk to and be inspired by others whom are also having problems with vaginismus as well as those who have overcomed it.

I’m 22 years old and am currently in a relationship with my boyfriend for two years. He’s so caring, kind and supportive and am very lucky to have him. This is also my first relationship. We have tried to be intimate, but each time we attempt penetration, I tense up and it hurts. We are both virgins as well. I know that sex the first time is supposed to hurt, but after many unsuccessful attempts, I sometimes feel worthless and hopeless. I am also on birth control and have tried getting a pap smear, but that didn’t work out.

My boyfriend has been very patient and will wait for me. I’m considering going to the women’s clinic and hope I can find some help there.

I appreciate any advice I receive and hope I can overcome this. Thank you!

Marianna162
    Participant

Hi there,

I actually recently went through Dr. Pacik’s treatment (almost a month- December 15th). It’s really worked wonders for me, and I’m still shocked at times at what I’m able to do now. Before that, I was an emotional and mental wreck, thinking I would never have any control over my body and what was happening. Prior to his treatment, I did try different lubrications, topical anesthetics, anti-anxiety medications, muscle relaxants, and dilators from vaginismus.com. None of those worked for me, but I have read of others who are able to progress with dilator programs and PT. I just wasn’t able to.
    If you do end up deciding to go the Botox route, I had a very good experience at the clinic and felt like it was a very well put together program.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.