Vaginal Dilator Balloon Blow up?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Vaginal Dilator Balloon Blow up?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lisaloop123
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone tried this?

Is a device that you can pump slowly that dilates you?

very much like a balloon :s

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lisa. This sounds very, very interesting. I have not used this personally but would love to know if anyone else has or if you tried it and what you thought? In the past, Nakitalab talked about her success in using an inflatable speculum for gyn exams. Specifically, she wrote:

“I would highly recommend the inflatable speculum… My nurse practioner has gone through this journey with me for over 13 years and I am very lucky to have found her as all the other doctors in the past didn’t understand or seem to really want to understand what I was going through. For me control is a big issue and so I would insert the inflatable dilator (that looks like a tampon) myself and then she would slowly pump air into it to inflate it. However, I did have to take lorazapam before the appointment as well as use lidocaine prior and during the exam. It was an extremely emotional time for me, starting from when I actually made the appointment all the way through the appointment. It always ended in lots of tears. But this device allowed me to have a pap smear.”

lisaloop123
    Participant

Hi,

I have this and trying to pass the largest point through my vagina just gets sore and i can feel tearing, its painless in the vagina, just the opening part is painful.

I think i have a small vagina, might have to see my gyno again.

You can insert it easily and blow it up gradually.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lisa. This is so interesting. When Nakitalab first mentioned it, I had never heard of it nor knew it even existed. I think it could be helpful and definitely work for a gyno appointment for someone who is able to have some level of insertion. While having vaginismus, I tried and tried and could not even insert the smallest sized dilator at the time so I’m not sure I ever could’ve used it. This is also why I think PT failed for me as well as I could not do any insertion which the exercises required. I just read your other post and you are doing so, so great with the dilators. Have you visited your gyno again as well? Sending you support and big hugs!!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi guys. I think this topic is excellent. I found an excellent site that discusses the inflatable dilators: http://www.epino.de/en/products.html. Also, Nakitalab, if you read this, could you share where you purchased the one you used in advance of ob/gyn appts.?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.