Tricky Dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nakitalab
    Participant

What a day yesterday was. At first I thought I was having a set-back. I was dilating in the morning with #5 and moved onto #6. But #6 wouldn’t budge. I couldn’t get it in. So I thought, ok I need to relax and try again. Well I tried and tried and tried and I couldn’t get it in at all. I was in tears. Dialed down to #5 and it went in like nothing. I was so upset and so confused. I immediately texted Allie, Heather34 and my sister. I told Allie that I was afraid to tell my husband but she encouraged me to not be afraid and tell him what was going on. So I tearfully called him into the bedroom and broke down and said that I couldn’t get 6 in…..at all! He had this strange look on his face and started apologizing saying that he had replaced #6 with #7 thinking that if I didn’t’ notice it would probably be a little difficult to get it in, that it would be uncomfortable and then he would tell me. He felt so bad and had no idea it would affect me that way. I was a sobbing mess and at the same time so relieved that it wasn’t #6 that wouldn’t go in but #7. My husband felt so bad. He said it had the opposite effect of what he thought would happen…cause he thinks logically. It just shows you how men sometimes think so differently than us women do, and they totally mean well. Communication is so very important. So anyways, I put #6 in no problem at all and after dilating for 30 minutes asked him if he wanted to try penetration and of course he said yes. LOL I’m still pinching myself that we had full penetration without any pain and without using lidocaine. We even tried three different positions, which is huge for me. He was able to thrust lightly but then we stopped when I started to feel a little sore. I still can’t believe it.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Congratulations! Wrong dilator and all, still successful. Wonderful.

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from Nakitalab on November 7, 2012, 10:44
    I’m still pinching myself that we had full penetration without any pain and without using lidocaine. We even tried three different positions, which is huge for me.

This is so, so wonderful Nakitalab and such a tremendous accomplishment! :):):) Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thank you Heather34 and Dr. Pacik! Still have a lot of work to do on my mind! :0)

coffee
    Participant

congrats

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.