Top 3 Tips!!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There are so many new forum members and members continue to join every day! For those women who have recently gone through Dr. Pacik’s treatment program, what are the Top 3 pieces of advice that you have for future patients?

K Howard
    Participant

My top 3 pieces of advise for future patients would be (1) To totally trust Dr. Pacik and the wonderful and experienced team that he has in place as they truly have your best interest at heart and KNOW what they are doing and talking about 🙂 (2) Follow the treatment program as closely as possible – be sure to stay up to date with your dilation and keep in contact with Dr. Packik and the team about any concerns/issues you may be experiencing. They are truly there to help you. (3) Join and become active here on the Forum. There is an enormous amount of information here and people that genuinely care and want you to succeed – and the beauty of it is that they don’t even know you personally but due to that common thing called Vaginismus, we “know” one another in a way that most just wouldn’t understand. You are free to ask ANY question that you have – there is no stupid/dumb questions here. It is truly a community/family atmosphere.

Hope that this helps!

Heather34
    Participant

What a wonderful post Karla. You wrote:

“Join and become active here on the Forum. There is an enormous amount of information here and people that genuinely care and want you to succeed – and the beauty of it is that they don’t even know you personally but due to that common thing called Vaginismus, we “know” one another in a way that most just wouldn’t understand. You are free to ask ANY question that you have – there is no stupid/dumb questions here. It is truly a community/family atmosphere.”

I entirely agree and would encourage all of you reading this to please post and ask any and all questions. We are all here to support you 100%. :):):)

franjack
    Participant

Have just joined the forum, I am an elder person, never suffered from this in my previous marriage, my husband passed away 0ver a decade ago and I remarried in 2007 (very happily) and this started. The identical symptoms, extreme pain , tearing, minor bleeding and a because of this a reluctance to have intercourse. I live in Tampa, have a wonderful intern who suggested this treatment, i.e. Botox injections, Please advise, what is my next move? Do I come to Manchester? I lived in NH for many years. How long to obtain an appointment?

Thank You

Heather34
    Participant

Hi franjack. Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. I’m so sorry for the struggles that you described. I suffered with pacik level 5 primary vaginismus for several years and for the majority of our relationship and marriage and was cured within one week of receiving this procedure. Dr. Pacik and his staff are all incredibly kind, caring, and extremely knowledgeable about this condition. I think the best thing to do is to contact Dr. Pacik’s office at 1-603-669-0290 or 1-800-640-0290. Can’t wait to read more of your posts.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Franjack, it sounds like you have secondary vaginismus. Of interest is that patients like yourself are noted to have spasm of the entry muscle, just like the primary vaginismus patients, and it is for this reason that Botox is an effective form of treatment for both primary and secondary vaginismus. Since the history is very important, I would encourage you to contact us so we can send you basic information including a questionnaire to complete. I do a complimentary review for all inquiries. It is my feeling that as long as one wants to remain sexual, there is no age limit to the treatment.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Franjack, I have suffered with level 5 vaginismus for as long as I can remember, starting as a teenager trying to use tampons. I am 52 years old and have been married for 31 years. I had Dr. Pacik’s procedure last month and oh what a blessing! I have been able to have full intercourse twice since the procedure with no pain whatsoever. I stumbled across this website and was able to have my procedure within two months. I promise you won’t regret it! Dr. Pacik and his staff are the most compassionate professionals you will ever meet. And I highly recommend this Forum. It has given us all a voice and an opportunity to share and learn from other women who are going through the same thing. Welcome, Franjack and please know we are all here for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.