Top 3 Tips for Future Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Top 3 Tips for Future Patients

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There are so many new forum members and members continue to join every day! For those women who have recently gone through Dr. Pacik’s treatment program, what are the Top 3 pieces of advice that you have for future patients?

Nicole
    Participant

I would have to say my top 3 tips would be:

1. Stay in contact with Dr. Pacik before and after the procedure. Call or send emails when you have any questions or concerns. Sometimes the scariest part is just having questions!

2. Read Dr. Pacik’s book, “When Sex Seems Impossible”. I thought I knew everything about vaginismus until I read this book. You will learn more about your body and why it behaves the way it does, and understand how and why the botox procedure is effective. I became much more confident about going forward with the procedure after reading it. It was also helpful to share parts of it with my husband to help him understand why my body acts the way it does.

3. Make yourself a priority. I know for me, I sometimes felt guilty about even having this condition and for the pain it’s caused me and my husband. I just wanted to forget about it and move on in my life. But I realized that I deserve more than that. I deserve to have a healthy sex life and a healthy body. I deserved to have this procedure and to put the time and money towards fixing this area of my life. I can’t explain the change in attitude that I’ve had regarding myself in the past 3 weeks since having the procedure. I no longer despise my body and resent it for being “broken”. Choosing to have this procedure may have been one of the scariest things I’ve done, but it’s also been the most rewarding. I’m so glad that I made this a priority!

Kim
    Participant

I completely agree with Nicole! (Hey fellow 9/11 friend!) Hope things are going well with you and your husband! It’s been a couple weeks but I finally had a moment to check in and say hi!

Heather34
    Participant

These are excellent tips and will be very helpful for future patients.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.