Tips…

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mychelle Bayles
    Participant

Some tips that are beneficial would be:
    tight/stretchy yoga pants (comfy) but tight enough to keep your dilators in place when moving around.
    Pads and cotton “granny panties” —much more comfortable. And you may bleed like I did, so pads worked great.
    ibprofin or tylenol to take at night, the first couple nights were a little rough.
    being completely open and truthful during the counseling sessions after procedure.
    stay committed, don’t get discouraged.
    Its hard work to keep up with dilating every single day, but the outcomes are completely worth it.
    I used to be so depressed thinking I wouldnt ever be normal, or none the less have a child.

I am now 24 and have a 2 year old precious little girl. (I had my procedure done August of 2012 by Dr. Pacik)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for giving other people hope Mychelle. I always feel so sad when I think of the women who can be helped but who are too scared to come for help. We can help you!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Mychelle. I absolutely love reading this post and it makes me smile so huge while sitting here and, so, so importantly, it provides others with hope that they, too, can and WILL overcome. I have loved talking with you on the Forum and it is so beautiful that you have your precious baby girl. My hubby and I also welcomed a beautiful baby last May and he will be 1 coming up on 5/7. I, too, used to be so, so very depressed thinking that this would never ever happen for us as I could not overcome vaginismus. Dr. BatSheva, I love what you wrote that you are here to help. It is so comforting to know that there are doctors out there who not only understand about the condition of vaginismus but who are also compassionate and care so much about you as a person and want to help you to overcome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.