The Need to Educate Physicians and Clinicians on the Condition of Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy The Need to Educate Physicians and Clinicians on the Condition of Vaginismus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I’ve written several posts and my advocacy post concerning the need to educate physicians regarding the condition of vaginismus. As I wrote before, how many of us reading this right now would’ve loved their doctor to thoroughly understand the condition of vaginismus prior to their appointment? In my own experience and in reading countless of your stories, we all have seen numerous doctors and clinicians and some of us have had very negative experiences based on a complete lack of understanding of the condition of vaginismus. Post-procedure, I’ve brought pamphlets from Dr. Pacik’s office to every physician visit and have explained in detail the condition of vaginismus and this particular treatment program. It works ladies! Each and every doctor that I’ve shared this information with has been very interested in learning more. In fact, one particular doctor actually brought up Dr. Pacik’s website during our visit and we discussed the type of dilators used post-procedure. She was very interested in using these for any of her patients who potentially may have vaginismus and was interested in learning more about the condition as a whole and this specific treatment program. I would strongly encourage you to reach out to Dr. Pacik, ask for these pamphlets, and disseminate them to all of your doctors, clinicians, and treating providers post-procedure!!!!!

Xynabu
    Participant

Very true Heather. Doctors should be more enlightened on vaginismus and its treatment options. In my struggle with vaginismus, i realised that most vaginismus sufferers/ex-sufferers have more knowledge on ‘it’ than many doctors.

I wish i have access to Dr. Pacik’s pamplets so that i can share them among doctors in my area. And i pray oneday vaginismus sufferers would have easy access to treatment whereever they live.

Heather34
    Participant

@Xyn, Dr. P will gladly mail you pamphlets to disseminate to physicians in your area and help ‘spread the word’ regarding the condition of vaginismus and this particular treatment. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your interest and for truly helping others to learn more about the condition.

For other ladies who are also interested in receiving pamphlets to disseminate to your physicians, clinicians, etc., please advise and we will mail them to you as well???

Xynabu
    Participant

Thankyou @Heather.

Heather34
    Participant

@Xyn and any other forum member who is interested in receiving Dr. Pacik’s pamphlets to disseminate to their physicians and clinicians, please go to the contact form http://www.vaginismusmd.com/contact/ and send a private e-mail with your name and mailing address, and how many brochures you would like to have.

Diana
    Participant

Hi Xynabu and Heather!
    I suggest that some of those brochures are taken as well to public libraries or placed on local boards where women who don’t have the courage to visit a doctor can have access to them as well. Maybe Xynabu can have some books printed /sent to her so she can ask permission to place them on local libraries. I hope this helps, I was just thinking about all of us that were panicked just by thinking on having to go to the doctor for a general check-up. Good luck!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Diana! I love your idea about placing Dr. P’s brochures in public libraries and on local boards. Perhaps, even posting them on boards at colleges as well??? This is such a wonderful idea!!!

Xynabu
    Participant

I went to see my doctors today, and previously we ve already discussed the botox treatment with head of the gynae firm, and when he read through Dr P’s procedure the other week he told me “iam very pleased u found out the treatment”… So i went back today to meet with the other doctors and i went with copies of materials i printed from Dr P’s and other websites – all on botox treatment (including the procedure for the treament) they were all happy i came across this treatment. But unfortunately when they contacted the hospital’s head of pharmacy, he said botox is expensive and it’s not available not only in my home town but in our country NIGERIA.

So for now i have to keep searching for where and how to get botox injection as soon as possible, while my doctors are getting more familiar with the ‘procedure’. I hope to get it soon and I HOPE THAT TREATING ME WILL SERVE AS LEAD AND EYE OPENER FOR DOCTORS IN MY AREA.

I wish to sacrifice all i can to make this treatment work so that other women with vaginismus ‘here’ wld not suffer like i do.

Xynabu
    Participant

Hi Diana, i love your suggestion of placing posters in schools. And i can easily do it because iam a teacher in a college of education. And i have access to many schools.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.