The End Of My Nightmare 2018

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories The End Of My Nightmare 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

When I was a freshman in highschool, I found out I had vaginismus. Almost 10 years later and I had tried everything under the sun to be able to have sex, or just insert a tampon but no success. The emotional toll it took on me was haunting and it got to the point where sex scenes in movies would make me cry in frustration. Any girl with vaginismus already knows this pain so I don’t have to dive into it. BUT my Husband and I found Maze Women Health while looking up a cure for this tremendous burden and I scheduled my appointment with Melissa to get the botox treatment as soon as they could get me in! And I’m so greatful that I did! The day of my procedure I was paralyzed with fear and doubt. But they took such good care of me. I woke up with the biggest dilator inside and I was so shocked! Melissa told me she’d like me to take it out and put it in a few more times before I left and I did it like it was second nature. I had a hymenectomy so it was a little messy and sometimes a little burny but nothing to sweat about. She gave me lidocaine to mix with my lube and it was great! I had my follow up with her the next day and she went over my dilating schedule and my Husband and I spoke with a couple of very nice sex therapist that gave us a lot of helpful tips! The whole experience was very helpful! The ptient portal made asking questions so easy and Melissa replies promptly! I’ve sent her so many messages since my procedure and she answered every single one of them. They certainly don’t just get you in and then out, Maze has been with me every day since my procedure, guiding me to success. Which brings me here. Finally to the success stories! I’m now one of them! I had my procedure done on November 19th 2018 and my Husband and I finally consummated our marriage on December 27th 2018. My nightmare is over and this huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and it’s all because of the angels who work at Maze Women Health! Now my husband and I can have the sex lives that we deserve 🙂

What a happy ending! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Heather, I’m so happy to read your story! Mine is VERY similar to yours – suffered for 10 years, finally started seeking a treatment with a partner, found Maze and got great treatment the whole way through the botox procedure in september of 2016. I don’t know what I would have done without the wonderful women like Melissa and Bat Sheva and everyone else in both the Manhattan and White Plains offices who helped me to transform my life so completely. So great to see that you’re seeing such good results, and good luck with everything that comes next! I’m so happy you and your husband can begin building a sexual connection together.

mazemelissa

I love this story.

You did the work, and I was so happy to be your guide through the process.

Wishing you and your husband the best in 2019!

Heather
    Participant

Thank you so much everyone 😊

Zeeeee
    Participant

Hi I have been seeing this site for a few years and never had the courage to join mainly because I live in the uk
    I have had Vaginismus all my life and only became aware of it in November 2016 when I got married I have tried everything under the sun to solve this issue but no luck please help me
    Ps I have tried everything from psycho sexual therapy dialators hypno analysis Botox nothing has worked

Zeeeee
    Participant

Ps wel done on ending your nightmare

Zeeeee
    Participant

Also to let You know the dialators have been ok but I just can’t seem to get them in properly some go in and others don’t 1,2,3 and then 4 and 5 I struggle with they are the pink ones with the hole at the top where to hold slightly curved too I have been using them for 2 yrs now and still no luck I feel like I’m ok with using them but whenever my husband tries I push him off could it be something else something in my head maybe cause I know and understand that sex is not impossible just my body and mind are scared of the pain and I don’t know what to do anymore

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Zeeeee – welcome to the forums! It’s brave of you to post and I know how scary it can be to open up to others about vaginismus problems, especially after you’ve been suffering for a long time.

Part of what makes Vaginismus challenging to treat is that the symptoms are both physical and mental. Sometimes you can be doing well with dilating and then get into a sexual situation and panic because you still associate pain with penetration. Or you can think you’ve come to terms emotionally with your situation and then feel pain and anxiety upon attempting to have intercourse. BOTH symptoms need to be treated for you to see results.

I think I know the set of dilators you mean and I haven’t used them myself. The Maze Clinic gave me the Pure Romance set, which I found really effective. You say you’ve had botox – was it paired with an under-anesthesia insertion of a dilator so you could see what it was like to have something inside you? Botox also needs to be paired with a daily dilation routine to really work. You could also just not be comfortable enough with the dilators yet to move onto intercourse! There could be a lot going on and I’d recommend seeing a gynecologist or giving the Maze Clinic a call to figure out better what your next steps should be. You can also tell us more about the kinds of treatment you’ve gotten – it’s hard to tell exactly what the problem could be!

I hope you’ll continue to seek answers – vaginismus is fully treatable and can be overcome! Good luck and keep us updated!

Zeeeee
    Participant

Hi thanks for the response

So basically I was under anaesthetic and had the Botox done but didn’t wake up with any dialators inside me this was in London and there was no post treatment assistance or contact it was just a matter of taking our money and then leaving us to it

I have stopped making progress with the dialators now and tbh I’m very disheartened by the whole situation

I think I’m just fed up I’ve kind of stopped everything now apart from going to hypnotherapy for hypno analysis to ascertain why this is happening to me

I can’t seem to fix this problem and it’s driving me insane. I think I will contact maze when I can afford to come to get the treatment done as right now i can’t I’ve spent so much money on different types of therapy that I’m actually skint right now

My husband and I have had several fights re this and we nearly ended but now we have come to terms with it and accepted that we need to be in a happy place for any sort of progress to be made

But thank you so much for replying I have been checking the post since yesterday for responses lolz

Zeeeee – I’m so sorry for all that you have experienced. I can’t comment on other practices, but I can assure you that should you ever seek care at Maze, your treatment will be entirely different. We support women before, during and well after Botox (and all other services we provide) – please reach out if we can be of help. Wishing you my very best!

Zeeeee
    Participant

Thank you so much for the reassurance hopefully in a few months I may have to come down once I’ve saved up for the treatment and the flights etc x

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Zeeee, I’m sorry about your treatments that didn’t work – I know what a setback it can feel like to have hope and then have it temporarily thwarted. But I got the botox treatment at Maze and like Jennifer says, the way they handle treatment is totally different. I encourage you to keep seeking psychological treatment if it helps, and you might try dilating on your own just to see if you can make any progress (if not, that’s totally okay!) I know how hard waiting is but there are a lot of possibilities out there.

Zeeeee
    Participant

Thank you for your support
    I have been in touch with maze and have got the prices from them so this is something that I will have to look into as I don’t have the funds as of yet but thank you for your responses and the advice really means a lot I think I am going to stick to going to hypnotherpay and let him complete the historical analysis but as for dialators I think after 2 years of just getting to the 3/4 at times I going to leave that out for abit x

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I’m glad you’ve gotten new information and know what you want to do! Good luck with that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.