Success 15 days post procedure!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Success 15 days post procedure!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kelseroo
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I honestly never thought I would be posting in this section of the forum. I still can’t believe it, but my husband and I had pain free intercourse last night! 15 days post procedure! So here are the gory details (haha, JK, but here is what I did): I dilated in the bathtub with #5 glass for about 30-45 minutes or so. Then I dilated with #6 glass (I’ve only been dilating with #6 for a few days) on my bed for about 45 minutes. Then while the #6 dilator was in, my hubby and I started making out and doing some foreplay. We then took the dilator out and decided to give it a try with me on top, so that I could feel in control over the speed of insertion. I was expecting it to hurt when I first tried to insert, because thats what happens EVERY time I dilate with #6. I basically have to bear the pain and push the dilator in and then the pain goes away after a minute. But my husbands penis slid right in, and IT DIDNT HURT!! I was shocked. We were able to have full insertion! I immediately started to cry happy, relieved tears. We have been trying to achieve this for almost 3 years since we’ve been married and I can’t believe we finally did it. He held it inside for a minute and then tried some really slow in and out movement. It didn’t hurt! It felt strange, but didn’t hurt. Then we stopped because I didn’t want to get sore or do too much the first time.

I can honestly say what really worked for me after the botox procedure, is being able to recognize the difference between pain and discomfort. Since I’m not having the spasms anymore, I haven’t been feeling the excrutiating pain that I once felt- it has just been a slight burning stretching pain while dilating. the thing is, sometimes we still have the knee-jerk panic reaction that we use to have, even though it might not really be pain anymore, just discomfort. I had to let go of that anxiety reaction and realize that a little discomfort is OK. That made my dilating MUCH easier. Then I found my progressing with the dilators sped up a lot faster! And now here we are! I remember Dr. Pacik saying that a penis is more comfortable than a big dilator- I didn’t really believe him when he said that, but it is true! At least in my case, my husband’s penis was much more comfortable then the #6 dilator.

I can’t wait to celebrate our “Sexiversary” every year now, May 7th! (Great idea, Heather!) I am so grateful to Dr. Pacik and his team- they really are miracle workers and are changing lives and saving marriages. I feel like my husband and I will forever be indebted to Dr. Pacik. Now we are gonna have to try again tonight and see if last night was a fluke- hopefully not!

Heather34
    Participant

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!! Huge, huge CONGRATS to you and your hubby! I am so, so happy for you!!!!! :):):):):)

23years
    Participant

Awesome! So cute how you share the story! Hey you know what they say, “practice makes perfect!” (Wink)

Becca
    Participant

So exciting, Kelseroo!!!!! I’m SO happy for you both!!! 🙂 I love what you said about the difference between pain and discomfort — that is SO TRUE. I never could tell the difference until after I had the botox procedure either, but now I know when its actual pain or just uncomfortable and there really is a big difference between the two.

Again, SO HAPPY for you both!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.