SHOPPING while dilating!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating SHOPPING while dilating!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    salvarez91
    Participant

Hi Salvarez. This is a GREAT post. I haven’t tried the glass dilators yet but I have heard amazing things. It is so great that you can even go shopping and just go about your normal routine with the glass dilators. I have gone as far as using the silicone ones out at dinner but it still felt a bit awkward sitting there. I look forward to trying the glass ones and I especially like the reviews that they don’t burn your inner thighs either as the silicone ones sometimes do. GREAT POST!!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Salvarez. This is a GREAT post. I haven’t tried the glass dilators yet but I have heard amazing things. It is so great that you can even go shopping and just go about your normal routine with the glass dilators. I have gone as far as using the silicone ones out at dinner but it still felt a bit awkward sitting there. I look forward to trying the glass ones and I especially like the reviews that they don’t burn your inner thighs either as the silicone ones sometimes do. GREAT POST!!!

Sofi
    Participant

Wow! I’m 8 days post procedure and am just getting comfortable using the dilators while walking around the house. I cannot imagine going shopping with them….but the fact that you do is inspiring!

esperanza
    Participant

I tried using the glass dilators and do chores, but they kept falling out as i got up…is there a trick? I am finding the silicone dilators easier to insert but i am also used to them. The glass ones seem more difficult. Any advice? Salvarez, i love your posts they are so positive and funny.

salvarez91
    Participant

To make sure they don’t fall out all you need is to make sure you put on a thick gauze between your glass dilator and panty. I get mine at rite-aid. they are called surgical dressings. I just fold it and since it is so thick it stops the glass dilator from falling out. You can also use a really thick maxi pad like one from kotex, but I feel that the surgical dressings are better since you can fold them however to adjust to your body.

oh and thanks for the comments everyone, it makes me really happy that I can help! 😀

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

The Pacik glass dilators now come in sizes #3 for those who need to start with smaller dilators and #7 and 8 for those vaginismus women with larger partners. More information can be found by linking to

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/vaginismus-aids/pacik-glass-dilators-set-of-3/

A babies head is larger than the size #8 glass dilator and most of my patients are able to have a normal vaginal delivery. Dilating prior to delivery can be helpful by creating pre-stretch of the vagina. Always check with your doctor first.

My patients continue to be quite happy with the shorter design and better fit against the vulva.

Heather34
    Participant

This is excellent Dr. Pacik. I still love reading this thread as it lets all of the future patients know that even dilating while shopping with the glass dilators is possible. I have used them many months post-procedure when they became available prior to gynecological exams and have worn them at my desk job all day prior to a later appointment. I had no discomfort while sitting with them in as I previously had with the pure romance ones due to their shorter length. I also felt much more comfortable walking with them as I did not experience the handle rubbing up against my thighs as the pure romance ones did.

Please also see Karla’s thread of going to the bookstore while dilating:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=339

She writes:

“Well, here I am…sitting in the car in front of the bookstore waiting for my husband to get off work so we can go inside. I normally get home a few hours before my husband each day. Normally I begin dilating with the glass #5 once I get home because I don’t have time in the morning to do my one hour so I end up doing the 2 hours after work and then generally follow up with 1 hour with the glass #6. I’ve progressed to being able to do things around the house with them in like cooking, laundry or just simply sitting on the couch watching TV or being on the computer just fine. Today I decided to branch out and challenge myself to drive to the bookstore. So far so good. The drive itself wasn’t bad and I think I may actually feel better once inside and walking around. I remember a prior post about shopping with a dilator in and it blew me away! I thought to myself that I would never be able to do that – never say NEVER!!”

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I now have many patients who use the glass dilators and are able to do their normal activities and still get the amount of time needed for dilation. This is always a timely subject. I would love to hear the experiences of our other dilating divas!

23years
    Participant

Ok here I go “out on a limb”… Instead of the vag (that was a joke)..

I have gotten so good with the glass dilator #6 that I can insert it and “hold” it in there with thighs and God only knows whatever other muscles are there (well God…..and….Dr Pacik maybe ha ha!) long enough to go from bathroom to bed or up getting my seven year old something for the 50th time 30 minutes into dilating!

But on a kind of TMI funny note…

I was dilating an hour before anticipated “activity” and, while dilating, my hubby decides to put on this outrageously funny TV show. The kind that gets you roaring and feeling like you’ve just completed 100 sit-ups in 8.5 seconds?! And for the life of me it kept slipping out a bit and having to be repositioned. After about 20 minutes of this crazy shenanigans, I accidentally had a confused moment where I must have expelled air and it sounded like I had broken the glass dilator!! I went from laughing to horror! My mind raced with “How would I explain this to Dr Pacik in an email? To thoughts of “OMG! What if the “Venus Fly Trap” (aka, what I used to call my vagina) broke it and the big V was back?

Well obviously it was worry for naught and all was well in the Pacik Glass 6 department! Phew!

Now, THERE is a story from THIS dilating diva! Ha!

We ROCK!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.