Secondary vaginismus new to this :)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Secondary vaginismus new to this :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nickybow86
    Participant

Hi ladies I’m new to this site I’m 27 years old mother of 2 and have just been diagnosed with vaginismus and low testosterone as I haven’t had a sex drive in over 4 years 🙁 I’m devastated over my diagnoses

Heather34
    Participant

Hi nickybow86! Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I am so very to read of your struggles with vaginismus as well as low testosterone. Please know that we are all here for you and you will overcome this. I, too, suffered with vaginismus for several years – all of my 20s and early 30s. I tried doing PT but failed b/c I was unable to insert anything until receiving this procedure in June of 2011. Following this, and without the resistance (hitting a wall feeling), I used vaginal dilators to stretch the muscles and they helped so, so much and then had pain-free intercourse 7-days post-procedure. In the beginning, I used the Pure Romance Dilator Set. They are silicone, different colors, and have handles which make insertion and removal much easier. Much later, I used the Glass Dilator Set and love these as they are shorter in length than pure romance; also have handles; and sitting/walking is more manageable with these inserted. If you haven’t already, I would definitely suggest contacting Dr. Pacik and working with him in whatever capacity is possible. I am so happy that you have found this Forum as you have our support in your journey of overcoming vaginismus. While experiencing it, my husband and I were the only ones who knew in addition to the various clinicians we visited. I didn’t share it with anyone else, including family and friends and found it too difficult to explain. This was very hard to experience at the time and it’s so nice, again, to have a place to talk to other women who either currently have it or have had it and receive support. Can’t wait to read more of your posts soon.

In addition, I wanted to share a post from a treated patient, Bessie, concerning secondary vaginismus:

Bessie: “I had the procedure on the 3rd of April (I flew all the way from South Africa for it) and it’s the best decision I have ever made! 17 days after the procedure my husband and I had pain free, fun intercourse!! We are over the moon, and acting like newly weds now, even planning our 2nd honeymoon (when we can actually act like real honeymooners!). I had had serious vaginismus for 7 years, but painful intercourse for years before that – i just put up with it to try to be ‘normal’. Just follow the advice and dilation schedule of Dr P, he really knows what he is doing and it works!”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.