Questions for September and October 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for September and October 2014 Patients

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. For those of you who have your procedure coming up in September and October, please feel free to ask any questions at all that you may have pre-procedure. It can be anything at all from what it is like to do the dilating to what fun things there are to do in New Hampshire, Boston, and the whole New England area while you are here. I live right outside of Boston and would be happy to share. I look forward to reading your posts.

Heather34
    Participant

If any of the upcoming to-be-treated September and October patients have any questions at all prior to their procedures, please ask and please, please know we are all here for you. In the past, for May-August patients, this thread has been so wonderful in reducing anxiety pre-procedure. Sending you all support and positive thoughts.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

For the Sept/Oct patients:

I would urge you to introduce yourselves if this has not been done. It is normal to be nervous, to think that you will be the one failure. Almost every patient has last minute jitters. This is an excellent time to get the support from others.
    The many posts and my own statistics speak to the widespread success of overcoming vaginismus, not only for being able to achieve intercourse but also for the ability to get pregnant, have GYN exams without pain and achieve a sense of well being.

I look forward to meeting my Sept/Oct patients and helping you overcome. Please mention the date of your treatment so that you can connect with the other ladies. You will find this to be very helpful.

23years
    Participant

Connecting with “us” (your cyber friends in vaginismus) is absolutely essential. Trust that you WILL have similar feelings, emotions and doubts that all of us have experienced. EACH of us are individuals with different paths that brought us here and different roads we will travel on our way to recovery BUT there are common themes and none of us will judge or doubt you on your journey, as most of us have experienced from the outside world.

Knock on the door here and someone will answer.

Good luck and have faith!
    You are taking the first step to a healthier future~

LoveConquersAll
    Participant

Hi, my treatment will be on Oct 1st. Unlike most of Dr. Pacik’s patients I’m not afraid of the dilators. I’m scared that I will be able to use the dilators successfully but that there will still be pain during intercourse. Effectively making this whole process unsuccessful. I’m afraid to spend this much time, effort, and money if it ultimately doesn’t work for me.

Kate91
    Participant

Hi! I am Kate and am 22 years old. I will be receiving the botox procedure on October 13th. While I was growing up my parents often read me a book titled Wemberly Worried. “Wemberly worried in the morning. Wemberly worried at night. And she worried through the day.” In short its about an anxious little mouse who overcomes her fear of starting school by making a new friend. While I loved my parents for trying, I hated this book. I made friends, I have an amazing support group, I still worry. I know this severe anxiety has played a part in my vaginismus. When I began researching Dr. Pacik’s botox procedure and reading various success stories, I discovered something. I was worrying less and felt a spark of hope. It is my hope that I can become pain free that has led me to Dr. Pacik.
    Now, here is a little about me, I have been married a little over a year and am desperate to start a family of my own. Like many have said, I realized something was wrong with me when I hit puberty. I was never able to use a tampon and even the thought of using one makes me feel faint. While I have been able to have full penetration, the pain was almost unbearable. My husband and I now avoid penetration and opt for other forms of intimacy that are pain free. About a year before I got married, I had my first gynecologist appointment. I tried to act calm as the doctor inserted a finger but my reflexes automatically made my vaginal muscles tighten and my thighs try to clamp shut. The doctor actually got very frustrated and dismissed my complaints of pain. It was a very scary experience. After a year of seeing various doctors and misdiagnosis I found a doctor who diagnosed me with vulvadynia and vaginismis. She recommended Dr. Pacik and that’s how I found my way here!

MNMO2409
    Participant

My treatment is scheduled for October 1st and I have a similar fear, intercourse will be painful and unenjoyable even after success with the dilators.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I am so, so excited for you to have your procedures coming up in the Fall. I seriously know they are going to go so well! I had this same fear prior to my own procedure (i.e. that even after I successfully dilated, if intercourse would ever be possible without pain and even enjoyable). Please know that this is a very, very common fear. On day 2, the counseling day in NH, Dr. Pacik addressed this very real fear and talked us through everything we were afraid of and discussed not only tips for transitioning but how to experience pleasure and enjoyment post-procedure and post-vaginismus. I never ever personally thought this was possible but it happened. My husband and I transitioned 7-days post-procedure and it did not hurt at all. Thereafter, we practiced and discovered what each of us enjoyed and now have a very enjoyable sex life. Again, something I never thought would happen during the years of experiencing pain/blocked/resistance/hitting a wall feeling. Please know we are all here for you and everything will go so well for you in October! :):):)

Heather34
    Participant

Wishing the ladies who will be treated on Wednesday well! I just know everything is going to go so, so well for you. Sending positive thoughts and much support your way! Please know we are all here for you!!!

23years
    Participant

I hope everything went well today. You will probably have some feelings of anxiety, perhaps awkwardness as you get comfortable with the dilators and maybe think you will be and feel like you do right now forever (sore/uncomfortable etc). But I’m here to say, “It won’t be forever”. And all feelings are normal and natural.

If you ladies need anything, come knocking and one of us will answer.

Congrats to anyone treated today. You are very BRAVE. You are strong.

You ROCK!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.