Questions about the dilation log?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions about the dilation log?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There was a recent blog that I mentioned regarding the importance of keeping a daily dilation log. It essentially keeps you accountable for your own progress and is a key component of post-procedure care. I have spoken to other patients who have gotten a little off-track with dilating and they have all mentioned stopping the written dilation log because they were embarrassed about not dilating. I started thinking about the topic of embarrassment and I think that it sometimes gets you “stuck” a bit. For example, in the beginning, I was a little embarrassed about talking openly about sex and all of this as my husband and I had kept this huge secret of vaginismus for so many years. I then realized, as our sex life developed, that it was entirely fine to talk openly and have this communication as it really helped us. Similarly with the dilation log, I think it’s useful to put aside any potential embarrassment and write openly here. What have been your experiences with any embarrassment? How did you overcome this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.