Progressing to intercourse after vaginismus treatment, libido issues

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Progressing to intercourse after vaginismus treatment, libido issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. There is an excellent new blog posted today, Progressing to intercourse after vaginismus treatment, libido issues.

Excerpts from the Blog include:

A common refrain is that “I need to catch up emotionally to where I am physically.” Translated this means that the woman might be doing well dilating (physical) but lags behind in being comfortable transitioning to intercourse (emotional) after vaginismus treatment. Often the libido has been injured as a result of long term vaginismus. This can range from lack of desire and/or lack of arousal to continued fear and anxiety that intercourse will be painful, not being in the mood for sex, inability to have orgasm (anorgasmia) and some of the more severe manifestations of avoidance in the form of disgust with sex play.

Darcy, a certified sex therapist in New Hampshire, offered excellent advice:

http://www.plasticsurgerypa.com/progressing-intercourse-vaginismus-treatment-libido-issues/

I would encourage you all to read her wonderful advice. Ladies, what has helped you to increase libido post-procedure???

Nakitalab
    Participant

Reading a good romance novel, watching a sexy movie or going away for an overnight date with my hubby really helps me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.