Progress – We are now so far from where we once were!!!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Progress – We are now so far from where we once were!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In a prior post, a treated patient wrote:

“I keep reminding myself that where we are now is so far from where we were and for that I am very thankful.”

I absolutely loved this quote and think it is so important. I’ve used the same motto from day one and believe it has helped me so much in my journey of overcoming vaginismus. Immediately post-procedure, I experienced an off and on discomfort feeling with the dilators and each day was different (i.e. the roller coaster that Dr. Pacik describes). This is caused by the muscles stretching and soreness from all of the activity of dilating/intercourse in the area when there was no activity prior. When I felt this discomfort and felt discouraged on some days, my husband would sit down with me and gently remind me of this very quote and we would talk about where we were pre-procedure (i.e. in a very dark place, never being able to insert even a q-tip, misdiagnosis of vulvodynia, failed PT, etc.) and where we now were (i.e. successfully dilating, having intercourse (albeit robotic at the time but it still was), having ob/gyn exams, using tampons, etc.), all of which was entirely impossible pre-procedure. It was just a great motto that I found so helpful.

Ladies, in your journey of overcoming, what does this statement mean to you “we are now so far from where we once were“?

Nakitalab
    Participant

Gosh, for me it means that I am no longer obsessed and all consumed with Vaginismus. I can look at other girls/women and not immediately think, “I’m sure they are able to have sex, so why can’t I?” I am no longer fearful of making love with my husband as I am successful now and can have intercourse without pain and humiliation and lots of tears. I truly believed that this would never be possible in my life time. “I am now so far from where I once was!” What a blessing!!!

Heather34
    Participant

This is so, so true Nakitalab and I am so very happy for you. It truly is a wonderful, wonderful blessing!!!!!!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thank you Heather and most of all thank you for all your support and love over the last year. It means so much to me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.