Primary Vaginismus Sufferer in Europe

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Primary Vaginismus Sufferer in Europe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    frannyglass
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am a primary vaginismus sufferer and currently eighteen years old and in a relationship. I tried pelvic floor exercises and dilators along with relaxation exercises and finally stumbled upon the botox treatment. Sadly, I am living in Europe and I haven’t found one doctor who performs this procedure with as much knowledge as Dr. Pacik. Maybe some of you live somewhere in Europe and have found a doctor?
    I feel very alone and incompetent, I have been trying for six months to find a solution and as someone with a history of mental health issues, this is making recovery even harder. I find myself having more and more ‘bad’ days and I am exasperated with this.
    I have very tense muscles all over, and I feel like my muscles are tensed even when I am not thinking about intercourse or attempting it. It’s getting harder and harder to stay positive and I’m hoping that someone might have a doctor in Europe who also does this procedure or at least get some support in this forum 🙂

Thank you and especially thanks to the wonderful office and doctor 🙂

kfmom
    Participant

Hi Franny – I am sorry to hear about your difficulty. My daughter K had just turned 19 when she was treated by Dr. Pacik and his team last month December, 2013. She has had a great outcome. She also went through a two year cycle of treatment before finding Dr. Pacik that involved physical therapy, topical and oral medications (lots of side effects). I can’t emphasize enough that Dr. Pacik’s treatment is fast , effective and most importantly is noninvasive/does not require oral medications. Every gynecologist should be made aware of this treatment approach. Through his presentations and papers, Dr. Pacik may know a physician in Europe that would be willing to try his procedure? Or I would go to gynecologists in the area and ask if any are willing to collaborate with Dr. Pacik. If you get them to agree to look into his procedure, I know that he would be more than happy to share research with them. I hope that you, like my daughter, will end the negative self esteem cycle of vaginismus early in your adulthood. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will relay them to K for you.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Franny. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I am so sorry to read of your struggles with vaginismus. I, too, suffered with primary vaginismus during my 20s and early 30s. I felt so many of the emotions that you describe in your post. Please, please know that I am here for you and you have my support in your journey of overcoming. As kfmom posted, I, too would contact Dr. Pacik’s office and see if he may be able to help you or if he may know of any doctors in Europe that he could collaborate with. In July of 2012, I met a wonderful woman from England who traveled over with her husband for the procedure. She posts on here off and on and may be able to chime-in here as well. Please, again, know that we are all here for you!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.